Tide pool ...wave crashing tank?

Untamedrose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
794
Reaction score
599
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came across the Pacific leaping blenny randomly ...think the SW version of a mud skipper. Spends more time in the air then the water.
https://thenaturalhistorian.com/201...ing-blenny-a-fish-that-prefers-to-be-on-land/


IDK how I'd even get ahold of such, though I find them interesting.....but I was thinking about the what IF's, what kinda tank one would have to set up for it.

I am thinking a long tank shallow, like a 125 if not a custom build. Water like like half the tank
Piled high angled rocks and sand like a shore line....and then several pumps all at one end that turn on and off to create waves that splash up and over the live rock.

Anyone else do something like that? a true tide pool, crashing waves, shore line tank?

(Has wine my what ifs are dangerous with such!)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new