tierra del fuego

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what my frag looked like when it came in. Far right looks nothing like red planet... Red planet looks more like strawberry fields acro

zyry8y5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sportzfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from rocky mt. frags.

Where did you get yours from?? Wetthumbs released it and wwc also had frags when first came out. Anyone who like acros should know this tdf is a hot piece. If anything it looks like a strawberry shortcake to me:wink:

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a frag pack from sexy corals, TDF is part of that pack. I don't have it yet, but I'll be curious to see how it compares to my red planet.

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get yours from?? Wetthumbs released it and wwc also had frags when first came out. Anyone who like acros should know this tdf is a hot piece. If anything it looks like a strawberry shortcake to me:wink:

That's how I see it too. . The vendors pic's seem like SSC on roids . Hobbyists pics seem like a red planet but when the lighting scheme changed and pic's were retaken, it looked like WWC version. My lil nub has metallic green on the sides ,red polyps and definitley blue on the tips . Never saw a RP with blue tip.

When my tank get's built-out, I'm definitely going to land me some TDF! I love this coral! I "hate" the price, though. lolz

Bro ..I only have a booger atm ,if I can get it to grow ..I got your back . By that time, u'll proly already track one down .:tongue:

Last edited:

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro ..I only have a booger atm if I can get it to grow ..I got your back . By that time, u'll proly already tracked one down .:tongue:

LOL! That's cuz, you da' man! ;) But, you're prolly right. I'll probably have one tracked down by then. I've seen these in person, and pics are really hard serving their true justice. I love Dragon, Red Planet, and Strawberry, too. IME, these guys need MH's to really show off their color.

WindyCityReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say blasted, how far below the water are you talking? Is it also getting "blasted" by flow?

Its directly under a 250w MH bulb about 5" under the water line (if that). There are two MP40s on the SPS display tank, so it also gets good flow with great PE extension all day round.

Beautiful!! I'd LOVE to see a current nonactinic pic! Welcome to R2R btw!

Thanks! I'm gonna take one today... top down and a macro :)

If this is a question for me, we got it from the original colony that was imported from Oculus Aquatics in 2011. There were three pieces of the original.... you named where the other two went. We also have various morphs of SSC, and it isn't anything close to the same.

If anyone is going to the Chicago CMAS swap this coming Saturday we will have a very limited number of frags of the TDF available.

Last edited:

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its directly under a 250w MH bulb about 5" under the water line (if that). There are two MP40s on the SPS display tank, so it also gets good flow with great PE extension all day round.

Thanks! I'm gonna take one today... top down and a macro :)

Can't wait to see the pic . The one you posted was a year ago .

If this is a question for me, we got it from the original colony that was imported from Oculus Aquatics in 2011. There were three pieces of the original.... you named where the other two went. We also have various morphs of SSC, and it isn't anything close to the same.

Yep. OA was the source . ? So you don't think it's a Acropora Microclados .

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what my frag looked like when it came in. Far right looks nothing like red planet... Red planet looks more like strawberry fields acro

zyry8y5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol RP looks nothing like strawberry fields and your TDF looks almost identical to a nice RP frag.

OP
OP
Rick

Rick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i guess we'll see haha. someone who has a colony should snip a small frag and glue it in super close to the red planet and see if they grow together or fight i disproved an alleged romels watermelon frag that way before there was no line of demarcation after 2 months they were seamless as one coral

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't care what everyone says... that's a gorgeous coral and worth every penny! Nice pics! Can you get a full colony shot?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the colony picture above. The TDF looks very similar in terms of species to a huge acropora anthocercis colony I had months ago Sadly, I lost it to rtn...

Here are the only good pictures I have of it.
ACorals_2.jpg

Acro.jpg

Acro_1.jpg

Acro_2.jpg

However I do see the resemblance of an acropora microclados in that TDF colony shot too.

Also, insane looking TDF colony!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick

Rick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
colonies look awesome cant wait for mine to grow out hopefully a quick grower for me.

WindyCityReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the colony picture above. The TDF looks very similar in terms of species to a huge acropora anthocercis colony I had months ago Sadly, I lost it to rtn...

However I do see the resemblance of an acropora microclados in that TDF colony shot too.

Also, insane looking TDF colony!

Thanks! The TDF is a pretty solid tabler. As it grows, the branches fuse together like an efflo. There is only space between branches around the edges. Fragging it is difficult, as I get a "chunk" rather than a branch.

OurReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So where can you get frags of this, and what does it cost? I recently sold my massive rp colony and we are looking for another tabling coral to take its place.

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get my grubby hands on a del fuego too. Stunning ( i must have )

OP
OP
Rick

Rick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
several vendors have them periodically, ive seen them on RMF.. igot mine from a friend locally :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%

Back