0   0   0
Ive alvays considered RP a hyacinthus rather than a milli

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may have red and green like RP but is not the same at all... It's a completely different type of species of acro then RP....

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many other red tables that look like the Red Planet. So I dont understand why everyone always picks on the Terria De Fuego and not the others. I guess because its more popular? ... All im saying is that if you think they look similar just dont put both of them in your tank. They all are slightly different but not a big enough difference to have them in the same tank, IMO. unless your tank is 180 gallons +

OP
OP
Rick

Rick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the leishmans red table as well but it is not as brilliantly colored as the TDF nor is the RP, TDF is soo bright

WindyCityReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who has a colony of this?

We do. One of the three original imported colonies. It has really come into some awesome color and I'll see if I can get an updated top-down picture of it this weekend. Here is an older actinic shot of it from about a year ago.

IMG_2819%2520%25281%2529.jpg

Lacktaters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My TDF is much more purple/pink than my RP which is more red (as the name would imply). They both develop green where they aren't getting blasted with light. I like both acros, but I think I like TDF better. It's way brighter, rarer, and more expensive.

WindyCityReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My TDF is much more purple/pink than my RP which is more red (as the name would imply). They both develop green where they aren't getting blasted with light. I like both acros, but I think I like TDF better. It's way brighter, rarer, and more expensive.

Our TDF is being blasted by light (directly under the MH) and the green comes out more with more light.

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do. One of the three original imported colonies. It has really come into some awesome color and I'll see if I can get an updated top-down picture of it this weekend. Here is an older actinic shot of it from about a year ago.

IMG_2819%2520%25281%2529.jpg

Beautiful!! I'd LOVE to see a current nonactinic pic! Welcome to R2R btw!

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't mean to be a downer but there have been so many "new" introductions of very expensive corals that are not a better but slightly different morph of popular corals. So the TDF is a super expensive red planet. Move your darn plaanet up or down in the tank.and you can get your green or pink or redor purple/red. Anyone really think a yellow polyp on a red dragon makes it new and exciting . You can't even see the polyp except in macro shots. And even if you could, really. You think it really looks different side by side.

I am saying it is beautiful but not much bang for the buck. Particularly since a happy RP is pretty hot. And decent colony of.a red dragon is awesome even with whitish polyps.

Ostentum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyps are always out on my Red Dragon and I for one would really like to get my hands on the gold polyp dragon acro. I also have the pink dragon in my system. I have 3 different similar corals in the Rommel watermelon, red planet and tierra in my system. They are similiar but all have very different growth structures. To each their own I guess, I have alot of real estate to fill in my 260g.

OP
OP
Rick

Rick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone who doesnt care for this coral actually have it?

Lacktaters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree completely that a happy red planet is a very nice piece. I won't agree that RP and TDF are the same, or even similar. I have them within 8 inches of each other and they are very different. I won't say TDF is a great "bang for your buck" type piece, but it is very beautiful!

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think it's a lot different from the Red Planet but then again I mainly collect acropora anyway. I keep my tdf high next to my Joe's Rainbow and Purple Dragon Eyes and it's mainly green with pink tips.

On a side note, I moved my Red Planet to the shade toward the bottom and it's all green with hints of red. I did this solely to experiment with the coloration. The only downer is it grows super slow this way.

OP
OP
Rick

Rick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats kinda an oxymoron. Why would somebody who doesnt care for this coral have it?

uh not really.... who ordered this piece and and then decided that they didn't like it because it looks like red planet?

uchin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get yours from?? Wetthumbs released it and wwc also had frags when first came out. Anyone who like acros should know this tdf is a hot piece. If anything it looks like a strawberry shortcake to me:wink:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back