Tiger conch feeding

ScuttleBug

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
69
Reaction score
42
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought some tiger conchs to clean my sand. Well they have been absolutely awesome. Didn't expect them to also clean all my GHA from my rocks but they wiped it out wherever they can reach. Now most of the algae is gone and I don't want them to starve so I put nori out for them, but the new growth edge on the shells seems a bit thinner than the old growth. Is this normal and will it thicken as it grows or do I need to feed something with higher calcium? If so any recommendations?
 
Bought some tiger conchs to clean my sand. Well they have been absolutely awesome. Didn't expect them to also clean all my GHA from my rocks but they wiped it out wherever they can reach. Now most of the algae is gone and I don't want them to starve so I put nori out for them, but the new growth edge on the shells seems a bit thinner than the old growth. Is this normal and will it thicken as it grows or do I need to feed something with higher calcium? If so any recommendations?
I had mine eat almost a month of algae growth in my tank in a matter of days. They're surprisingly insatiable, aren't they?
I'm curious on how much they actually need to eat as opposed to how much they want to eat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new