Time for a new MP40 Wet side?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi there - I have an MP40 that's been purring along for a few years. I woke this morning and the wet side had dropped off the wall. Cut power and put it back on but when I switched everything on the wet side spun out of control and fell off again. I tried spinning the impeller manually, but it's getting really stuck - not smooth. So I'm assuming it's time for a new wet side?

Just figured I'd ask if there's a trick to fixing first.

Thank you.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there - I have an MP40 that's been purring along for a few years. I woke this morning and the wet side had dropped off the wall. Cut power and put it back on but when I switched everything on the wet side spun out of control and fell off again. I tried spinning the impeller manually, but it's getting really stuck - not smooth. So I'm assuming it's time for a new wet side?

Just figured I'd ask if there's a trick to fixing first.

Thank you.

Have you opened it up yet? Entirely possible that there is a snail inside jamming things up.

(Video below may be outdated for your specific model, I dunno what gen you have)

OP
OP
bevo5

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well. Chalk another one up in the “glad I asked the smart people” column. I didn’t get it all the way opened but worked out some gravel and it’s moving again at least for now.

Thanks for the advice.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re talking MP40, the newer wetsides are completely different. Cage twists off the same way, but then not the same. Prop assembly comes out of the frame by releasing three small clips. Prop assembly is one integrated unit and cannot be taken apart. MP10 and 60 wetsides have always been this way.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 26 22.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 82 71.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back