Time for a new MP40 Wet side?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bevo5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bevo5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Messages
833
Reaction score
657
Location
Portland
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi there - I have an MP40 that's been purring along for a few years. I woke this morning and the wet side had dropped off the wall. Cut power and put it back on but when I switched everything on the wet side spun out of control and fell off again. I tried spinning the impeller manually, but it's getting really stuck - not smooth. So I'm assuming it's time for a new wet side?

Just figured I'd ask if there's a trick to fixing first.

Thank you.
 
Hi there - I have an MP40 that's been purring along for a few years. I woke this morning and the wet side had dropped off the wall. Cut power and put it back on but when I switched everything on the wet side spun out of control and fell off again. I tried spinning the impeller manually, but it's getting really stuck - not smooth. So I'm assuming it's time for a new wet side?

Just figured I'd ask if there's a trick to fixing first.

Thank you.

Have you opened it up yet? Entirely possible that there is a snail inside jamming things up.

(Video below may be outdated for your specific model, I dunno what gen you have)

 
Well. Chalk another one up in the “glad I asked the smart people” column. I didn’t get it all the way opened but worked out some gravel and it’s moving again at least for now.

Thanks for the advice.
 
Have you opened it up yet? Entirely possible that there is a snail inside jamming things up.

(Video below may be outdated for your specific model, I dunno what gen you have)




I have mp40QDw is it same process to disassemble?
 
If you’re talking MP40, the newer wetsides are completely different. Cage twists off the same way, but then not the same. Prop assembly comes out of the frame by releasing three small clips. Prop assembly is one integrated unit and cannot be taken apart. MP10 and 60 wetsides have always been this way.
 
Ok, how? Same basic maneuvers?
It’s exactly how ca1ore explained it. No, nuts, washers and screws holding the magnet, propeller and shaft together. Everything on the new wetside is completely different from the old mp20/40.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new