Time for a Re-Boot

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ben. Glad I caught this thread. I am in a similar position. Breaking down my overgrown aquascape. Bad aquascape design at the start resulting in impossible flow and massive shading. Can't take it. Been going slow so as not to destabilize too much. Also struggling with attachment issues with some of my colonies. They came to me as 1" frags so...

Curious how you will treat/store your "free" CaRx media. I have half a 5G bucket now chopped but have to rinse it every day as it STINKS so bad. Just leave it to dry outside?

This pic will help you sympathize...

Right side.JPG

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am jealous... if they want to send some of that large foundation rock this way i wont mind :D. Looking forward to see some updates and hopefully the live stream.

OP
OP
ndrwater

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ben. Glad I caught this thread. I am in a similar position. Breaking down my overgrown aquascape. Bad aquascape design at the start resulting in impossible flow and massive shading. Can't take it. Been going slow so as not to destabilize too much. Also struggling with attachment issues with some of my colonies. They came to me as 1" frags so...

Curious how you will treat/store your "free" CaRx media. I have half a 5G bucket now chopped but have to rinse it every day as it STINKS so bad. Just leave it to dry outside?

This pic will help you sympathize...

Right side.JPG
I totally sympathize. I kinda figured there's be some stink going on while waiting for reactor media to become media.. I may blast it with some muriatic acid and go from there.. we'll see.
I did just drop off a staghorn to a friend. I took one branch... Filled a 5 gallon bucket..

OP
OP
ndrwater

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a couple supplies today for the big change. Figured I'd use the Stax rock as a foundation for the existing since I am going bare bottom. Got some of the cement too. We'll see how it goes. The Prime light will go over the currently dry frag tank. I know there will be a ton of frags to give away.. the MP60 drivers will be an upgrade and hopefully quiet them down a bit..
I also got a few pairs of grippy gloves to keep my hands safe. Safety goggles to for when I attack the Paly Toxica. And last but not least.. a couple throw away chisels to "modify" my existing coral/rock...
I had the Apex sitting around for almost a year now.. I currently run the old school orange label.

15860280660359081934582418628888.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ndrwater

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am jealous... if they want to send some of that large foundation rock this way i wont mind :D. Looking forward to see some updates and hopefully the live stream.
I found Stax... Should do the trick. And if you lived in this side of the country, you'd be in the middle of this mess!!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully, that will be me next year. It won't be a reboot, it will be a replacement, lol!!!

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found Stax... Should do the trick. And if you lived in this side of the country, you'd be in the middle of this mess!!

i was messing around the other day seeing if i could get onto the Stockton fire department :D. Let me know if you guys go live so I can watch the mayhem

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Greg! Also think thats the first time Ive seen you without a ducks hat on.

OP
OP
ndrwater

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... I'm kinda pooped...
Been at this all day.. and I am what I would call done for the day..
There are still a few more things to do, but the tank is running, the corals I am keeping are in the tank, as are the fish.
I rehomed a Purple and a Tominni tang. Gave away.... Let's say LOTS of corals..

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back