OP
ndrwater

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben, the 240G looks amazing. Sometimes a reboot is exactly what we need. Can't wait to see what the 120G looks like.
Because I happen to be sitting here... Snapped a pic. Actually looks better in person.. I am a horrible photographer..
Was actually texting with a friend the other day about how truly horrible I am with a camera...

15877772430862412457762925032058.jpg

OP
OP
ndrwater

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp... Been a hair under 3 years since this thread has been updated ..
The 240 had a bit of a crash a while back (long story only told over adult beverages).
Since then it has been a fish tank. Now I love my fish, but I have decided to get over the crash and get back into the reef life. This requires an expenditure that only those of you who have large tanks can appreciate. EVERYTHING this is more expensive when you go big... I am still rocking my G3 Radions, but looking to upgrade. At current prices, this is a chunk of dough. Between the 240 and the 120, I have seven G3's...
And yes the idea of dropping the better part of seven grand on lighting is not something that gives me the warm and fuzzies, but...... I may just do it..
The fish from back in the day are still fat and happy with the exception of the CBB. He made it seven years with me, so I consider that a moral victory, but moral victories aren't what I look for in this hobby . My fish are my pets like any cat or dog. I mourn them when they are gone.
Fish have personalities like any other animal, and my big tank CBB was a character. If there is any solace, I still have his twin brother in the 120...
Hopefully, this new version of the 240 will
prove to be as rewarding as the 1st was. I have been reefing for many years now and am still learning. I hope to avoid the pitfalls that I ran into in with th 1st version, but will continue to learn and be inspired as move forward with the latest iteration...

To be continued.......

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back