Time to Get Serious!

obligatoryreefpun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do ya do? I'm Mal from Florida! I'll give a quick rundown of myself, but I know you're all more interested in stuff that lives in saltwater. Well, I happen to live pretty close to saltwater, and I'm very frequently on it kayaking!
20210312_033413_01.JPG
I'd call myself a poly-hobbyist, I simply can't stick to one thing, as you'll see in the future. I'm a black sheep within a black sheep part of my family, being a certified high school AND community college dropout. I'm a musician, having been taught instructed by my mother since I was 4 years old. Overall, I simply can't see myself having a normal career, but I'm wise enough to see the merit of higher education. However, after getting into the aquarium hobby (and maxing a credit card trying to set up a saltwater tank with absolutely NO idea what I was doing) I knew I was hooked. Actually, I only got into all this after I decided it would be a more cost effective pursuit than motorcycling. Boy oh boy, did I make the right decision! While I enjoyed freshwater tanks for over a year, I decided to dip my toes into the mysterious world of reefing. Definitely at the right time, too! I'm pretty sure my 17 Gallon Nano Reef was the only thing that kept me patient and diligent during the insanity of 2020. In fact, I'd say it really helped teach me patience and diligence. I honestly believe I've improved as a person since I started reefing, to the point that I may have found a potential career path, as I found that I'm fortunate enough to live within driving distance of Emerald
a664e17bc4bc441082abac4a9a7456b74298ad4d_400x280_crop.jpg
Coast Coral Farms, a local reef store, but more importantly, a coral conservation/restoration effort on a scale I haven't seen anywhere else! I've been trying and will continue to try to secure a position at this business, and will do everything I can to promote their cause. I look forward to interacting with you all, and I'm hoping this forum will push me to attempt my best work and keep me going. I'll be starting my first build thread later this week, I hope I can keep you all interested and engaged!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do ya do? I'm Mal from Florida! I'll give a quick rundown of myself, but I know you're all more interested in stuff that lives in saltwater. Well, I happen to live pretty close to saltwater, and I'm very frequently on it kayaking!
20210312_033413_01.JPG
I'd call myself a poly-hobbyist, I simply can't stick to one thing, as you'll see in the future. I'm a black sheep within a black sheep part of my family, being a certified high school AND community college dropout. I'm a musician, having been taught instructed by my mother since I was 4 years old. Overall, I simply can't see myself having a normal career, but I'm wise enough to see the merit of higher education. However, after getting into the aquarium hobby (and maxing a credit card trying to set up a saltwater tank with absolutely NO idea what I was doing) I knew I was hooked. Actually, I only got into all this after I decided it would be a more cost effective pursuit than motorcycling. Boy oh boy, did I make the right decision! While I enjoyed freshwater tanks for over a year, I decided to dip my toes into the mysterious world of reefing. Definitely at the right time, too! I'm pretty sure my 17 Gallon Nano Reef was the only thing that kept me patient and diligent during the insanity of 2020. In fact, I'd say it really helped teach me patience and diligence. I honestly believe I've improved as a person since I started reefing, to the point that I may have found a potential career path, as I found that I'm fortunate enough to live within driving distance of Emerald
a664e17bc4bc441082abac4a9a7456b74298ad4d_400x280_crop.jpg
Coast Coral Farms, a local reef store, but more importantly, a coral conservation/restoration effort on a scale I haven't seen anywhere else! I've been trying and will continue to try to secure a position at this business, and will do everything I can to promote their cause. I look forward to interacting with you all, and I'm hoping this forum will push me to attempt my best work and keep me going. I'll be starting my first build thread later this week, I hope I can keep you all interested and engaged!
Welcome!

Looking forward to hearing about your future successes and seeing your build thread

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back