Time to reBUILD thread!

estevenson78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings! I am starting a new build thread as I am upgrading from 3 Bio/Nano Cubes to a 75 gallon rimless aquarium. While I was looking for a little bigger aquarium I found this tank and went with it for 2 reasons: 1) $40 is so hard to pass up 2) Rimless tanks are SEXY! So with that being said here are some photos to get things going. Feel free to comment and share thoughts as this will be a work in progress!

The new tank: I scraped the back glass to repaint.
IMG_1262.jpg

Masked off and Krylon Fusion flat black paint
IMG_1263.jpg
IMG_1264.jpg

Refugium that I fused acrylic into in order to have a protein skimmer section as well as a Fuge
IMG_1204 2.jpg

Custom pallet wood finished stand with live rock from old biocubes circulating water to keep it ready for new tank. The chaeto I added has doubled in size over the last 2 weeks with the grow light I purchased off of off amazon. I have this running to hopefully keep growing pods.

IMG_1265.jpg

One question I have: I am going to add 2 return jets to my new tank and don't know the best location for them? I'm thinking like 3" down from the top of the tank and 3" in from each edge? Could anyone lend some expertise on that? I should have some more photos on Thursday/Friday with drilled holes as well as the shadow overflow added!

OP
OP
estevenson78

estevenson78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1361.jpg

Tank is in place and has a little bit of water in it circulating. Should be plumbed out tomorrow!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back