Time to replace Vacation losses

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently lost a number of frags do to an oversight by my sister while I was on vacation.
I finally went out to a local fish store rather than ordering on line and I was both surprised by the reasonable prices and the large selection at Absolutely Fish here in NJ.

I could have spent hours looking at the frag tanks. The owner came over and we jawed for a long while and I told him that I used to frequent that store in the late 80s he laughed as he wasn't even born then.

Not only did I save money on the frags but I got a freebie. Frags went from $20 and up not to mention that I saved on shipping.

I just rediscovered an old source of frags.

Now to find where I place them!

20221011_134938.jpg
20221011_134945.jpg
20221011_134949.jpg
20221011_135005.jpg
20221011_134958.jpg

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How the corals looking G?
They look great, I have them on a rack but I plan on placing them on the rocks over the weekend!!!
I'm going back to that store this weekend as well, they have a sale going on in their $20 a frag tank and you get a freebie lol

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@G Santana my original saltwater lfs. Did u talk w Pat? He’s the owner. He’s also my neighbor lol. Sry u lost stuff. Always have a frag for u if need b.
Yeah He was really nice, he spent a hole bunch of time with me showing me the frag tanks and telling me the trade names.
I was surprised how inexpensive some of the frags were, he had $20, $30 and $40 tanks, buy 3 and get 1 free.
The monti and Hollywood Stunner are over 5" big and were $30.
With that visit and that experience I will now stop buying online with the exception of buying from hobbyists here.
The experience there was nothing short of awesome, I wish I had gone there 2 years ago.

c0kefree

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely fish has become a pretty nice spot for corals over the past year. From one frag tank in the back across from the liverock, to what it is now!

Pat (the owner) is a great dude!
Ps: become a reefclub member, the discount is so worth the money!!

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in NJ is this place located? I only have one half decent LFS but way over priced.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely fish has become a pretty nice spot for corals over the past year. From one frag tank in the back across from the liverock, to what it is now!

Pat (the owner) is a great dude!
Ps: become a reefclub member, the discount is so worth the money!!
Pat is my neighbor. Been going there for 20 years

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently lost a number of frags do to an oversight by my sister while I was on vacation.
I finally went out to a local fish store rather than ordering on line and I was both surprised by the reasonable prices and the large selection at Absolutely Fish here in NJ.

I could have spent hours looking at the frag tanks. The owner came over and we jawed for a long while and I told him that I used to frequent that store in the late 80s he laughed as he wasn't even born then.

Not only did I save money on the frags but I got a freebie. Frags went from $20 and up not to mention that I saved on shipping.

I just rediscovered an old source of frags.

Now to find where I place them!

20221011_134938.jpg
20221011_134945.jpg
20221011_134949.jpg
20221011_135005.jpg
20221011_134958.jpg
They all look great .
Nothing better than a deal on frags .
This is why I haven’t taken vacation away in a very long time .
The last time someone watched my tank k came home to lights left on for a entire week , white bleached corals and anemones , and low water .
ato and timers were not hooked up when I left and was promised daily visits to perform necessary maintenance along with feeding .

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah He was really nice, he spent a hole bunch of time with me showing me the frag tanks and telling me the trade names.
I was surprised how inexpensive some of the frags were, he had $20, $30 and $40 tanks, buy 3 and get 1 free.
The monti and Hollywood Stunner are over 5" big and were $30.
With that visit and that experience I will now stop buying online with the exception of buying from hobbyists here.
The experience there was nothing short of awesome, I wish I had gone there 2 years ago.
5" for $30?! Wow, that would be considered the size of a mega colony nowadays even if it's just one head. That is an amazing deal! Good score rediscovering that store!

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all look great .
Nothing better than a deal on frags .
This is why I haven’t taken vacation away in a very long time .
The last time someone watched my tank k came home to lights left on for a entire week , white bleached corals and anemones , and low water .
ato and timers were not hooked up when I left and was promised daily visits to perform necessary maintenance along with feeding .
I was initially angry but I let it go. In the future I'll have my nephew take care of the tank, he will be able to follow simple instructions lol
Still love my sister... after the rage left me lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back