Time to toss the tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter joe0813
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

joe0813

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2018
Messages
755
Reaction score
487
Location
Boston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I got a aqueon 180 way back in 2013 I think.... it was running all the way up until we moved in with my father in law while we built our new house. It was put into a climate controlled storage December 13th 2021. We now are getting ready to finish the basement but now are nervous about the tank silicone. So 10 year old tank and one year of dry storage, would you still use it or look into just trashing and replacing it?
 
Hard to say without pictures but if u can swing it I’d get a new tank for peace of mind. Factor the cost of the fish room into the home build.
 
Hey everyone, I got a aqueon 180 way back in 2013 I think.... it was running all the way up until we moved in with my father in law while we built our new house. It was put into a climate controlled storage December 13th 2021. We now are getting ready to finish the basement but now are nervous about the tank silicone. So 10 year old tank and one year of dry storage, would you still use it or look into just trashing and replacing it?
Hard to say without pictures but if u can swing it I’d get a new tank for peace of mind. Factor the cost of the fish room into the home build.
I second what Hudson said. Aqueon not much of a premium product so your playing a 50/50 and that’s way to much especially 2013. Upgrade to a new tank. I recommend Waterbox and you get a complete setup and it’s well worth the money. Just don’t buy Red Sea tanks. Red Sea has seam issues and they break and will ruin your new house.
 
I second what Hudson said. Aqueon not much of a premium product so your playing a 50/50 and that’s way to much especially 2013. Upgrade to a new tank. I recommend Waterbox and you get a complete setup and it’s well worth the money. Just don’t buy Red Sea tanks. Red Sea has seam issues and they break and will ruin your new house.
We are looking at glasscages since they are under new ownership and Joe has turned that company completely around with the quality and looking at plant aquariums. The size as of now isn't 100% but looking at 72x36x30 so about 330 gallon in wall with the filtration and all equipment in the fish room
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new