Time to wait till next yr....

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd pass this along. Looks like the rumors are true, huge FedEx delays once it gets on to the final truck. I shipped out yesterday cross country.

10:30am arrival no longer available only by 12pm.

Dropped off at last call yesterday. Made it to the hub and off to Fl fine.

Loaded on to a truck at 8:45 local time and it's still there. It's after 2:30pm local time there now. I think I'm screwed....

Prob send a replacement shipment in Jan sometime, I think 2020 is done unless you can hold for pickup at your local hub. Out for delivery = black hole.....

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. I stopped shipping shortly after covid delays and no 1030 guarantee anymore.
Also no refunds if its late even though they still want $100 for to overnight ship a 7x7x7 16oz box.

F2F only for me now.
But its ok. Gives me a chance to get everything back on track :)

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This kinda sucks because I have an order of expensive LPS that was shipped out today that I ordered on Black Friday. I will be crushed if they are dead.

How can you really tell if an LPS is DOA or just stressed...

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This kinda sucks because I have an order of expensive LPS that was shipped out today that I ordered on Black Friday. I will be crushed if they are dead.

I think each piece of coral is different.
Something like a chalice will have flesh missing and skeleton showing.
An acan or torch might just be very closed up and showing skeleton around the sides.

If its questionable just reach out to the vendor and get their opinion....
Ive replaced torches that were "questionable".
Even for some questionable people lol.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on the locations involved. But as the days go by, it will only get slower everywhere I'm sure. My 10:30 arrivals shifted to 12:00 a couple months ago, but still have arrived like clockwork.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do live in a populated area right near an interstate which is nice. Had a reef cleaners order arrive DOA and have been hesitant ever since but that flew out the window on BF...

OP
OP
S

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Usually the water in the bag will be cloudy or there will be a lot of debris floating around. On the frag itself, if it arrives with any visible white skeleton it's prob not gonna make it or it will take a long time for it to nurse back.

OP
OP
S

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I got lucky. Buyer said 9/10 came I'm fine. 1 was stressed but doesn't sound like it RTNd, hopefully it settles in overnight.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a box with 2 fish today. FedEx was late (after 12 PM). Thankfully, the fish were well packaged by @Dr. Reef at www.quarantinedfish.us and they are doing just fine. Super active and swimming around. Happy ending in my case thanks to great healthy specimens and excellent packaging.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ship 20ish boxes per week.
Starting December I immediately noticed delays, lost boxes and priority shipping pushed to 2 day delivery.
In fact last week 8 boxes out of 17 I shipped were delayed to 2nd day delivery and rest were all delayed to 6 pm to 9pm delivery compared to 1030am.

I have decided to shut down shipping till Jan unless someone really want theirs livestock and are willing to pay extra then I can ship to your airport via southwest cargo.

This is an unusual year. Due to covit and restrictions lots of people are doing online shopping which puts pressure on carrier like fedex.

Ayden0314

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do live in a populated area right near an interstate which is nice. Had a reef cleaners order arrive DOA and have been hesitant ever since but that flew out the window on BF...
you too? i have a reef cleaners order right now that just sat in florida for 4 days it shipped a week ago today and is still not here

BigSkyRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ship 20ish boxes per week.
Starting December I immediately noticed delays, lost boxes and priority shipping pushed to 2 day delivery.
In fact last week 8 boxes out of 17 I shipped were delayed to 2nd day delivery and rest were all delayed to 6 pm to 9pm delivery compared to 1030am.

I have decided to shut down shipping till Jan unless someone really want theirs livestock and are willing to pay extra then I can ship to your airport via southwest cargo.

This is an unusual year. Due to covit and restrictions lots of people are doing online shopping which puts pressure on carrier like fedex.
Well, I ordered a bunch of corals for black Friday. Ups shipped. I live in rurL montana and only use vendors that ship ups. FedEx is not even close to hir and miss. Unfortunately this last shipment had 1 of 7 corals die within 3 days of receipt. Nicest one of them all. Still waiting to hear back from vendor who is quite slow in responding n this issue although many past communications have been quite responsive

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Super duper risky. No guarantees and changing temps at hubs. . . Risky

arlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd pass this along. Looks like the rumors are true, huge FedEx delays once it gets on to the final truck. I shipped out yesterday cross country.

10:30am arrival no longer available only by 12pm.

Dropped off at last call yesterday. Made it to the hub and off to Fl fine.

Loaded on to a truck at 8:45 local time and it's still there. It's after 2:30pm local time there now. I think I'm screwed....

Prob send a replacement shipment in Jan sometime, I think 2020 is done unless you can hold for pickup at your local hub. Out for delivery = black hole.....
don't use Fed Ex they are lazy and rude. UPS or USPS is the best bet and they believe it or not work together so they can do the best at shipping on time. I don't work for them

Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it matters at this point whether it's FedEx or UPS, the carriers have huge package loads due to Covid as someone else has already mentioned. I read an article where UPS recently refused to pick up packages from some of the big retailers around cyber Monday, (UPS had been providing guidance up to that event) due to package load.

I just experienced my first total loss of $400 worth of corals (FedEx), something happened in the transfer to the hub and I could not pick up the shipment from the hub, until the next morning. No real explanation given. I had not had any issues with live shipment deliveries before that this year. If you can wait until January I would, otherwise I was given some advice to have the package shipped directly to the hub if it's close for you to pick it up. It's sad to get your shipment and watch it die in your tank not to mention the money lost in the process.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that locally here in Philly, both FedEx and UPS are renting out uhaul trucks because they just don’t have enough to deliver everything....
it’s crazy.
I wouldn’t ship anything alive until after January

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the USPS hub in FL they use is really bad right now. I had an order a couple months ago take 3 days to get out of FL when shipments are normally at my front door by then.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back