Time to wait till next yr....

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you too? i have a reef cleaners order right now that just sat in florida for 4 days it shipped a week ago today and is still not here
They made it right and refunded but mine took two days and anything shipped submerged was DOA.
I know that locally here in Philly, both FedEx and UPS are renting out uhaul trucks because they just don’t have enough to deliver everything....
it’s crazy.
I wouldn’t ship anything alive until after January
I am glad I am not crazy. Several packages delivered to me have not been in official UPS/FedEx vehicles.

After this order arrives I will wait for the new year to finished my fish list. I am honestly surprised more online vendors haven't put holds on shipping livestock if losses are as bad as I have heard.

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered two corals from a store in eastern Pa. They didn't want to ship because the temp was going to be in the low twenties. I told them to ship because I am only 100 miles away from them and it was going to be warm by me. They shipped but with no guarantee of survival. Luckily there were no issues. Two weeks ago, it took five days to go from Divers Den to north NJ and coral didn't make it. I am done for the year.

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is www.quarantinedfish.us a site to buy fish?Having problems loading the site.
Yep! But it seems the URL wasn't working the way I was typing it (it was working when I typed it in the browser but apparently has issues when clicked...I dunno...). Try https://drreefsquarantinedfish.com/ as @Dr. Reef mentioned below:
You can try https://drreefsquarantinedfish.com/
There is an issue with domain forwarding from www.Quarantinedfish.us to https://drreefsquarantinedfish.com/

we are working on this and soon when the new website is built it will all be under 1 domain.

and sometimes if you try loading quarantinedfish.us twice it will take you to the website. so i am not sure whats happening but are trying to fix it.
Oops! I'll start using that URL from now on. :)

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We think we got it fixed now but will take 30 min to populate. So let me know if it fails again 30 min onwards from now.
Thank you

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you too? i have a reef cleaners order right now that just sat in florida for 4 days it shipped a week ago today and is still not here

i had a reefcleaners order arrive a good 4 days late that was shipped monday after thanksgiving

suffice to say, open the bags outdoors..

take pics too, the reefcleaners guy is standup and gave me a refund

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a reefcleaners order arrive a good 4 days late that was shipped monday after thanksgiving

suffice to say, open the bags outdoors..

take pics too, the reefcleaners guy is standup and gave me a refund

I had a miracle. Monday before Thanksgiving I placed an order with my wholesaler. They shipped Monday with southwest cargo as a next flight guarantee and SW messed up and then we'd and thu were Thanksgiving holidays so I didn't get my shipment.till Friday and to my surprise all fish made it through.
They spend 4.5 days in bags and a box.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a miracle. Monday before Thanksgiving I placed an order with my wholesaler. They shipped Monday with southwest cargo as a next flight guarantee and SW messed up and then we'd and thu were Thanksgiving holidays so I didn't get my shipment.till Friday and to my surprise all fish made it through.
They spend 4.5 days in bags and a box.
Wow! That had to be stressful, but I'm so glad your story had a happy ending!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ups and FedEx are definitely hurting. Ive heard they placed package limits and usps is trying to take the left overs.
Covid less delivery folks and higher online sales have made things crazy

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that locally here in Philly, both FedEx and UPS are renting out uhaul trucks because they just don’t have enough to deliver everything....
it’s crazy.
I wouldn’t ship anything alive until after January
Fedex is notorious for this.
We have a fedex delivery driver who was first in a budget truck 2 years ago.
This year they upgraded him to Penske LOL.
Yes this is his everyday delivery rig lol.

Right now though most of my stuff gets delivered from the backseat of someones personal vehicle.
Seasonal helpers......

The fedex express guy is too busy dropping off solicited refinancing notices....

Ayce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually buy from my LFS but there was a rare blenny I wanted. It arrived overnight but DOA. Water was very cold. Outside temps were hovering around 35. No more on line purchases for me til weather warms and the shipping backlog clears.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually buy from my LFS but there was a rare blenny I wanted. It arrived overnight but DOA. Water was very cold. Outside temps were hovering around 35. No more on line purchases for me til weather warms and the shipping backlog clears.
Surprised it was shipped.
I wont ship anywhere if even nighttime temps are in the 40s.
Sad the bigger companies cant afford to do that though.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything priority mail for me hasn’t moved in days which sucks as I sold those items on eBay and it’s slowww. They are not living things thankfully.

I will say I received two coral orders today just fine and arrived about 11am. One was USPS overnight but was shipped from a vender in state.

The other was FedEx overnight from the other side of the country but it made it okay. I was nervous. My FedEx driver always leaves it with my neighbor because I never manage to hear the doorbell from upstairs and he gets nervous leaving a package that says live fish/corals out in the cold. He leaves me a note to let me know. I feel I owe him some treats.

Bluezoo and LA used to ship me fish in below zero weather and they always made it fine. I hear LA is slacking these days though.

OP
OP
S

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to bump this up as I waited until after Xmas to ship again and still got hosed.

Still problematic at the point of the final truck. Might be a good idea to have FedEx hood for the buyer at the local ship center.

I made the last drop on my side in SoCal, made it on to the final truck and 8:30am in South Florida and didn't get dropped off until 5pm.....

8/10 did ok, hoping the other 2 pull through.

OP
OP
S

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a similar deal happen with a shipment sent only 400mi to me within Cali. Made it on the delivery truck at 8am, and didn't get delivered to me until after 2pm.

I think the driver's are still under instructions to only hit the route one time still. Sonic you're at the beginning of the route you're ok, but if your at the end them overnight priority actually means drop off at the end of the driver's work day.

Hoping by the end of next WK it's a little better.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back