Tiny Aptasia eating file fish

bearpeidog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello- purchased 3 aptasia eating file fish for my 180 from LiveAquaria. These are captive bred. Unfortunately, what I received are tiny, maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inch fish. I’ve never received fish so young so I’m not real happy with the order. I have them in a 30 gallon quarantine tank as if I put them in the 180 they would just disappear. My plan now is to grow them out for a while,

Im curious if anyone has had juvinaile fish and what I should feed them. I’ve made all sizes of aptasia available to them. Hope the larger ones don’t eat these little guys - doh! Any thoughts on feeding and growing them to a suitable size for my larger tank?

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from Biota about 2 months ago, maybe a little further out. Already about 2-2.5" and has tackled my aiptasia problem. Mine was fine with mysis but I also feed my tank baby brine daily for mandarins he loves it.

OP
OP
B

bearpeidog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from Biota about 2 months ago, maybe a little further out. Already about 2-2.5" and has tackled my aiptasia problem. Mine was fine with mysis but I also feed my tank baby brine daily for mandarins he loves it.
Was it tiny to begin with? 2 months to grow out? I have a 2 1/2 in the 180 but he doesn’t touch aptasia. They are such cool fish. I like their personality. Hope these new guys go wild for aptasia. I’ll try baby brine to supplement. Thanks!

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it tiny to begin with? 2 months to grow out? I have a 2 1/2 in the 180 but he doesn’t touch aptasia. They are such cool fish. I like their personality. Hope these new guys go wild for aptasia. I’ll try baby brine to supplement. Thanks!
Yup just about the same size you mentioned. A bit bigger than my thumbnail.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back