Tiny bubbles

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maho.B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Maho.B

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Messages
397
Reaction score
212
Location
Minnetonka, MN.
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have an Octopus Regal 200-S protein skimmer that is a couple years old. It skims well, but I have never been able to stop it from leaking tiny bubbles into the sump which then go to my display. There is NO room to build any type of baffle system, is there a "trick" to getting it to stop doing this, it seems no amount of adjustments make any different and I've tried differently water levels (staying in the recommended range) that it sits in too. Anyone have this model that had this issue?
 
I have made a foam “sleeve” in the past to put around the output pipe. This gives you something that will stop 95% of the bubbles. Something like this
https://a.co/d/011CDe5i
Cool, thanks for the tip!!! I was worried something like that would mess with it by restricting the flow too much. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new