Tiny creature on glass

jrevoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any idea what this is? I was scraping my glass when i noticed it start moving, then i saw there are a bunch on my glass. I ran one over with the magnet scraper and it just crawled right out. They stick to the glass and move like a slug, but pretty quickly for their size. Pic was taken through a 60x phone cam microscope, they are maybe only 2mm in length.
IMG_0892.jpeg

OP
OP
jrevoman

jrevoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six line and a Target Mandarin removed mine in two weeks never to return.
ohh, thanks everyone! I’ve seen my dartfish picking at the glass and always wondered what he was doing, could he have been eating them? A zebra dartfish and YWG are my only fish, and I’m very hesitant to get a sixline since i want to keep an entirely peaceful tank and its a 20 gallon :/

Coinzmans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two, one in each tank with no issues even adding fish after the six line. I keep my tanks under stocked and that more than likely helps with aggression.

OP
OP
jrevoman

jrevoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a possum wrasse waiting for me at the fish store right now, think there would be any issues there? Im just waiting for a parasite issue to clear up, not exactly sure what it is, Jay has been helping me with it for a few weeks now so if any of y’all wanna check out my thread on that any feedback would be awesome, as i seem to have stumped the fish medic. But after that i will get the possum wrasse, if i add a sixline last would that be okay? Or maybe even at the same time. I also wanted a blenny eventually…

Coinzmans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to ask some of our wrasse keepers about mixing the two. Even if the wrasses were compatible I would not mix the two just on my minimalist approach. Good luck with your parasite issues treating fish has never been my strong point. Keeping fish healthy is more my thing because I am so horrible at treating them for illnesses.

OP
OP
jrevoman

jrevoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to ask some of our wrasse keepers about mixing the two. Even if the wrasses were compatible I would not mix the two just on my minimalist approach. Good luck with your parasite issues treating fish has never been my strong point. Keeping fish healthy is more my thing because I am so horrible at treating them for illnesses.
Yeah I’m a very new fish keeper too, had my tank for about 4 months now but everyone here has been super helpful, thank you all <3

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nooooo
Sixlines often become killers especially to other wrasse. Sometimes they’re fine for a long time and then suddenly turn but sixlines are not compatible with other wrasse especially in smaller tanks. The possum should eat pests and you could also get a pink streak which is like a sixline in looks but with a very different personality. They’re not aggressive at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jrevoman

jrevoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nooooo
Sixlines often become killers especially to other wrasse. Sometimes they’re fine for a long time and then suddenly turn but sixlines are not compatible with other wrasse especially in smaller tanks. The possum should eat pests and you could also get a pink streak which is like a sixline in looks but with a very different personality. They’re not aggressive at all.
Would a possum and pink streak be okay together? I was trying to decide between the two but if i could get both that would be awesome, they are both beautiful and i never even considered that

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure i know what you mean, its just the clear boxes with holes for water flow right? I just don't want to mess anything up so I always ask a lot of questions
Asking questions is great :)

Also yes that is what an acclimation box is. And yes, Pink Streaks and Wetmorella species get along rather well.
Don’t be alarmed if you get a pink streak and it looks like this;
IMG_2195.jpeg

They quickly colour up (this was almost a year ago now) to some beautiful colours. I unfortunately don’t have the trio as the third just didn’t survive for whatever reason (I won’t put it down to it being the other two that I still have).
Here’s two males I have had (the first was my first ever pink streak in a tank of 8 other fish and the second is my current pink streak who is often breeding with my female).
IMG_0182.jpeg

1691223496057.jpeg

OP
OP
jrevoman

jrevoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asking questions is great :)

Also yes that is what an acclimation box is. And yes, Pink Streaks and Wetmorella species get along rather well.
Don’t be alarmed if you get a pink streak and it looks like this;
IMG_2195.jpeg

They quickly colour up (this was almost a year ago now) to some beautiful colours. I unfortunately don’t have the trio as the third just didn’t survive for whatever reason (I won’t put it down to it being the other two that I still have).
Here’s two males I have had (the first was my first ever pink streak in a tank of 8 other fish and the second is my current pink streak who is often breeding with my female).
IMG_0182.jpeg

1691223496057.jpeg
Such beautiful fish, i cant wait!! One more question: how long do these as well as possums live? The possum at my LFS is fully grown already

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back