Tiny snails?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Glacern
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Glacern

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2022
Messages
81
Reaction score
24
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look very similar to Nassarius snails but from what I’ve read highly unlikely to breed in tank. What are these guys?
 
I have these as well. Was trying to figure oout the same but the closest I found was “dwarf” nassarius snails
 
From what I understand the dwarfs are known to breed in captivity
 
I added 3 small nassarius snails and have seen them lay eggs in one corner of my tank. Not sure if any hatchlings survived but they are at least trying to breed it seems. But the ones I have, the shell looks different and they move differently than that snail in the vid.
 
From what I understand the dwarfs are known to breed in captivity
Ok so you don’t think they cause any harm otherwise?
 
I can speak to my system. I haven’t seen them cause any harm, they only come out when I feed and with how quickly they multiply, my sandbed stays super clean and white
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new