Tiny white worms and eggs on glass in QT?

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just somehow noticed that my quarantine tank is LOADED with these tiny little slug/worm creatures after seeing something that looked like eggs on the glass. Same size or smaller than a pod, move like a worm, white maybe with a hint of yellow. I’ve treated this tank with copper and general cure yet here they are. Any ideas? There are thousands but they’re so tiny I can’t get a clear photo. They definitely move, but they are definitely not pods and do not have legs.

Edit: sorry these photos are terrible, please see video below!

56FDAF9B-BBA5-41F2-A7FB-9E2885BDAC59.jpeg BD64D93A-49A6-46C8-8935-2E68AC182F59.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
lba4590

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried to get a video if this helps. Just dosed prazipro out of curiosity with no effect.

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to have a culture of those worms, they are detrivores - Annelid Detritus Worms. Mandarins love them; I would like establish a colony of the worms to be able to keep a Mandarin in my 60g.

Last edited:

davidwillis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks very similar to what I have in my tank. I took a look at it under a microscope.

davidwillis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can tell, they look like some sort of flatworm. I don't know if they are good or bad, but sure, I could send you some.

Edit: By the way I am treading my tank with hypo-salinity right now (about 40 days into it).

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I see possible aecol worm (flatwork) and the little white ones ( i forget name but generated from overfeeding) or too much leftover food source.

davidwillis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The strange thing is that I have only added fish, and live bacteria. I have not added any live rock, coral, etc. So these worms had to have came in on the fish (or I guess it is possible it was in the bottle of bacteria?)

I do overfeed a little, so I can see how that would help there population explode. I am going to add a yellow wrasse, and some damsels that eat flatworms.

BillB83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOOOOO I also have these in one tank but i just assumed they were pods. I dont see eggs on my glass just what i thought were small baby pods but now i see these pics maybe they are small flat worms? i dunno coral all growing great without any issues so i dunno

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOOOOO I also have these in one tank but i just assumed they were pods. I dont see eggs on my glass just what i thought were small baby pods but now i see these pics maybe they are small flat worms? i dunno coral all growing great without any issues so i dunno
Probably best to start your own thread, and be sure to post pics

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back