Tiny worm ID

chemicals

Organic Chemist
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2021
Messages
75
Reaction score
37
Location
Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’m trying to identify a tiny worm. I added some live copepods and 1hour later my tank is covered in thousands of these tiny white worms. I’ve tried to get some good microscope pictures so maybe you could help me!
Thanks!

image.jpg DBF0EFD7-001B-4218-AE30-20D1D6558AA4.jpeg 1F7E970D-0074-4118-89DE-51E389902FC1.jpeg 0FDC9EDC-FE58-4C14-A470-89665EFA6233.jpeg
 
I think it might be a pygospio elegans (spionidae worm). Hopefully it wont infest my tank and are just eaten by my fish haha.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new