Tip for swift redelivery when UPS lies about delivery attempts

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your in this situation, here's a bunch of stress-reducing funny gifs to help you calm down...

200.gif

We all know & have likely experienced the common tactic with shipping company drivers to mark a delivery as ‘delivery attempted - try again tomorrow’ when they never attempt delivery in the first place. I can usually shrug it off for dry goods, but I had this happen with a livestock order today, and successfully went though this process to get it quickly redelivered:
  • Sign up for text/email alerts on the package when you get the shipping info. I have the free UPS account that automatically does this for all my UPS packages. It will notify you the moment they ‘attempted delivery’
    ScholarlySophisticatedBarb-size_restricted.gif
  • Call customer service immediately (UPS) 800-742-5877, add tracking info requested, press 0 when it keeps prompting you for the status until it transfers you to a live customer service agent
  • Tell the agent calmly/clearly you have been waiting for the urgent package in person and driver has not shown up and is falsely stating delivery attempted. Tell them the package contains live animals that will die if they do not quickly redeliver swiftly and you need the request sent immediately to drivers field supervisor.
In a large city (Denver) I had a callback from the field supervisor within 10 minutes and calmly/respectfully explained the situation to him who then sent the driver back. Got the package safely about an hour after the fake delivery attempt.

brat-mad.gif

Although you're justifiably furious, don’t take it out on the customer service agents, remember it’s the lazy drivers problem, not theirs. Going rage Karen on the rep isn’t going to get you anywhere - the sad reality is these mega companies have no pride in service and could care less if your satisfied or not. Your $70 overnight package means nothing to them.

They are much more likely to give you real assistance if you are kind and respectful, yet firm in the stance that this needs to be addressed urgently, and that live animals in the package will die if they do not do their job. If the first agent doesn't help, politely ask to escalate to a supervisor.

Appealing to the desire not to kill innocent animals seems to have really got me somewhere this time.

And if your shipping FedEx - just Pray...
giphy-6.gif

Last edited:

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your in this situation, here's a bunch of stress-reducing funny gifs to help you calm down...

200.gif

We all know & have likely experienced the common tactic with shipping company drivers to mark a delivery as ‘delivery attempted - try again tomorrow’ when they never attempt delivery in the first place. I can usually shrug it off for dry goods, but I had this happen with a livestock order today, and successfully went though this process to get it quickly redelivered:
  • Sign up for text/email alerts on the package when you get the shipping info. I have the free UPS account that automatically does this for all my UPS packages. It will notify you the moment they ‘attempted delivery’
  • Call customer service immediately (UPS) 800-742-5877, add tracking info requested, press 0 when it keeps prompting you for the status until it transfers you to a live customer service agent
  • Tell the agent calmly/clearly you have been waiting for the urgent package in person and driver has not shown up and is falsely stating delivery attempted. Tell them the package contains live animals that will die if they do not quickly redeliver swiftly and you need the request sent immediately to drivers field supervisor.
In a large city (Denver) I had a callback from the field supervisor within 10 minutes and calmly/respectfully explained the situation to him who then sent the driver back. Got the package safely about an hour after the fake delivery attempt.

brat-mad.gif

Although you're justifiably furious, don’t take it out on the customer service agents, remember it’s the lazy drivers problem, not theirs. Going rage Karen on the rep isn’t going to get you anywhere - the sad reality is these mega companies have no pride in service and could care less if your satisfied or not. Your $70 overnight package means nothing to them.

They are much more likely to give you real assistance if you are kind and respectful, yet firm in the stance that this needs to be addressed urgently, and that live animals in the package will die if they do not do their job. If the first agent doesn't help, politely ask to escalate to a supervisor.

Appealing to the desire not to kill innocent animals seems to have really got me somewhere this time.

giphy-6.gif
I wish I had this advice last week

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there, done that! I think I went through the same steps before... and believe it or not, it works with FedEx too, at least in our area.
One extra tip... Get a camera that views the driveway or street side of your driveway. I've busted more than my fair share of "delivery attempts" by sending along the video of the truck driving by our house at the time stamp of the delivery. It's fun to hear the response when you say that you have a video of them driving by... Oh, and I've also seen them deliver my package to a neighbor down the street.

I give our UPS guy a nice gift for the holidays and since then, he hasn't missed a package and always ensures livestock deliveries are handed to us (will wait at the door).

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there, done that! I think I went through the same steps before... and believe it or not, it works with FedEx too, at least in our area.
One extra tip... Get a camera that views the driveway or street side of your driveway. I've busted more than my fair share of "delivery attempts" by sending along the video of the truck driving by our house at the time stamp of the delivery. It's fun to hear the response when you say that you have a video of them driving by... Oh, and I've also seen them deliver my package to a neighbor down the street.

I give our UPS guy a nice gift for the holidays and since then, he hasn't missed a package and always ensures livestock deliveries are handed to us (will wait at the door).
Good suggestions, in my building we have new delivery people seemingly every 3-4 weeks…

FiddlersReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! I had this same thing happen, and I called and said I was afraid the driver was not finding our house (it is a confusing neighborhood but hey, GPS?) and that the package contained live animals.

Driver was magically there in 20 minutes.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It used to be a great union career, and I have no doubt these days the industry overworks and underpays it’s drivers now, that’s why I’m normally patient if it’s a non-perishable item.

But when I’m paying 68$ to get a box a state away by the next morning and they don’t even make an attempt - that’s just defrauding people…

B3252E4E-929F-4D3A-8A39-5720C99A8530.gif

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

200.gif

brat-mad.gif

giphy-6.gif
Great advice.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after this delivery, my UPS driver suddenly updated some normal ground packages to "Delay"... Wonder if its not retribution for making him do his job weds lol

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s also not a bad idea to just have it shipped to the UPS/Fedex distribution hub and just drive over that morning to pick it up vs waiting for it at home all day.

Yes, this is the only way I do it now. You can usually get the package at 9am with either UPS or Fedex.

It's not that bad, even if it takes you an hour or so of driving.

With Fedex you also have the option of picking it up at a Fedex Office and print shop(Hold for Pick up). Most people have one in their area. If you're ordering fish you can't pick up it up here, so only do it for corals. If the box says anywhere on the outside "Live Fish" this won't work. They are instructed not to take the box from their drivers.

The trucks that deliver to the Fedex print shops only go back and forth........they don't do residential deliveries.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told if you answer the door in lingerie the ups/fedex will deliver not only ensure to deliver the package on time but they will wait at your door until you answer and physically hand it to you everytime. If you are not home, they will actually make a re-delivery attempt later that day.

Speedo Dancing GIF

I tried it. And not only will he not deliver to my house anymore but now he is suing me!!!

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

200.gif

brat-mad.gif

giphy-6.gif
The quickest way I’ve found to make them change their tune is mention that have security camera footage and that it clearly shows they never came.
once you mention video proof their attitude changes 180* immediately.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first time this happened to me was with FedEx. I had to drive across town to pick up my package. When I complained about the ghost delivery the person at the counter told me he didn't appreciate my attitude.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first time this happened to me was with FedEx. I had to drive across town to pick up my package. When I complained about the ghost delivery the person at the counter told me he didn't appreciate my attitude.
Sounds about right for Fedex :/

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back