Tips for Mounting MP40 on the back of the tank (back is black)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips for appropriately mounting the MP40 on the back of the tank that is black? I like to mount the unit near the bottom which is a bit of arm reach and I have noticed it has been a hit and miss. As a result I am not confident I would be able to mount the unit right every time blindly or with just feel. I like to ask the community if they have a better approach. Thx.

OP
OP
reef-rc

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two mounted on The back of a RSR250. Ones about 6” from top the other is 1/2 way down. Run then at most 50% and sps love the flow.
Thanks.

The challenge I have is be able to mount the unit without being able to seeing through the back of the tank. Since my tank is 60" long and 24" deep, placement has been a hit and miss. It works. I am just looking for tips on a sure way to mount the unit blindly.

I have considered removing the black film on the back of the tank for other reasons which could make the process easier. However I am not yet sure I like to do that just yet as I may need to hide wires and stuff behind the back wall.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just have to do it by feel I'm afraid. Usually you can tell easily enough that the two sides have coupled; then by feeling the vibration from the dryside you can optimize alignment. Less vibration = better alignment.

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just have to do it by feel I'm afraid. Usually you can tell easily enough that the two sides have coupled; then by feeling the vibration from the dryside you can optimize alignment. Less vibration = better alignment.
what he says, any time the wet side is removed, this process would need to happen as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back