Tips for putting weight on a Moorish Idol?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lucyretz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lucyretz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2017
Messages
268
Reaction score
509
Location
ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

A customer at work brought in a Moorish Idol because he eats zoas. Thankfully, he also eats any food I’ve given him as well. So naturally.... I adopted him. Lol

He needs some meat on his bones to match my tanker tangs lol.

Currently I’m feeding him 24/7 nori throughout the day (meaning from lights on to lights out if he finishes a sheet, he gets more.) as well as frequent feedings of frozen mysis and brine. I’ve also been tossing him some northfin pellets which he seems to love.

Thanks for any advice at all. Here’s some pics of him :)

IMG_8334.JPG
IMG_8335.JPG
IMG_8336.JPG
 
Hey everyone!

A customer at work brought in a Moorish Idol because he eats zoas. Thankfully, he also eats any food I’ve given him as well. So naturally.... I adopted him. Lol

He needs some meat on his bones to match my tanker tangs lol.

Currently I’m feeding him 24/7 nori throughout the day (meaning from lights on to lights out if he finishes a sheet, he gets more.) as well as frequent feedings of frozen mysis and brine. I’ve also been tossing him some northfin pellets which he seems to love.

Thanks for any advice at all. Here’s some pics of him :)

IMG_8334.JPG
IMG_8335.JPG
IMG_8336.JPG
I recommend continuing to feed nori and even varying the type — I feed red and green ocean nutrition nori alternating. That will put weight on best, because of the amount she can consume each day, assuming she eats it.
 
Mine put on weight from pigging out on LRS Fish Frenzy
 
1519772626994.jpeg


Moo’s first day with the other kids :)
 
1519795358042.jpeg


A little bit of filling out!!! I’ve been feeding the crap out of him, giving him as much as he’ll eat. He seems pretty happy here :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new