Tips for QT a Pink Streaked Wrasse?

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And when doing the freshwater dip should I do it right when I get the fish or wait a day after it’s acclimated to QT so it isn’t TOO stressed?

IMO, I’d rather get it all out of the way.

Like why de-stress then re-stress?

In most cases with humans or animals doing something like that has a worse outcome due to the stress on the immune system.

But just how I do it. Or otherwise just skip the dip if you’re going to be using other treatments to cure the exact same thing.

OP
OP
Fishbro

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to everyone for digging up an old thread but just out of curiosity, how did running just the GC wihout a FW dip work out for you? Our PSW showed up yesterday and he's in QT just for observation at the moment. I haven't fully decided how/if I'm going to treat.
It’s doing awesome actually, definitely don’t regret picking up one. It’s really up to you, i think going for GC would be fine but I guess it just depends on the condition of the wrasse mine shipped in pretty healthy i believe.

scottkoji

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s doing awesome actually, definitely don’t regret picking up one. It’s really up to you, i think going for GC would be fine but I guess it just depends on the condition of the wrasse mine shipped in pretty healthy i believe.

Thanks! I appreicate the update. It actually looks to be in good health considering what it has gone through in the last few days. I'll probabaly just go with the GC for now. It has only been in QT for about 24 hours but it hasn't eaten anything. I know they take some time to settle in but any tips to get it eating or did yours eat right away? Actually it really hasn't come out of hiding at all.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 76.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.8%
Back