Tips for Upgrading Tank

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about that myself, I have a 24W green killing machine in sump, so instead of tweaking my return for max performance, you can just do that in-sump, makes servicing easier too since the return pump can stay online.

I could also easily plumb it into one of my returns since I split it.
Thats also a good idea. I'm on the fence about running UV any longer than first 6 months to year so thats kinda why I haven't done anything serious with it. I only really set it up for cloudy phase on new upgrade and just been too lazy to take it down.
You may want to dig into researching the green machine. I think I've seen a few threads on the impeller not being rated for saltwater and leaching wierd toxins and crashing a few tanks.

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say plastidip the entire inside of the stand to ward off salt creep.

I had to repair, cut and weld additional metal into my 24 year old stand I bought used.

I plastidipped it since you do NOT want the stand to fail.

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats also a good idea. I'm on the fence about running UV any longer than first 6 months to year so thats kinda why I haven't done anything serious with it. I only really set it up for cloudy phase on new upgrade and just been too lazy to take it down.
You may want to dig into researching the green machine. I think I've seen a few threads on the impeller not being rated for saltwater and leaching wierd toxins and crashing a few tanks.
Oh lovely, thanks for the heads up.

I will always run one since the water is clearer, it raises ORP and it can keep parasites from becoming plague like.

For the cost, it's a useful tool.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh lovely, thanks for the heads up.

I will always run one since the water is clearer, it raises ORP and it can keep parasites from becoming plague like.

For the cost, it's a useful tool.
For sure! I may just keep mine hooked up on my shroom only tank since some can be highly susceptible to infection.
No problem on the green machine. I was looking into those when I came across those threads on the impeller.
My lfs swears by the Jeboa UV and the lower wattage ones they sell are super affordable and should do a great job.

Back