Tips Needed for Moving Large Rimless Aquarium.

  • Thread starter Thread starter jbeanz24
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jbeanz24

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2013
Messages
151
Reaction score
17
Location
PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone . I'm picking up my new tank from my LFS in two weeks (IM 150 Ext) . My main concern is how to protect the bottom during during transport since there is no rim to protect it . Should I lay down some yoga mats on the floor of the uhual ? Any tips will be greatly appreciated . I already have suction cups covered as well as my cousins to help with the lifting.
 
If it's not boxed up Id recommend rigid foam board.
 
I believe newly delivered tanks have foam + cardboard on the perimeter already which is sufficient.
Definitely recommended to have yoga mats/foam mats though to alleviate any pressure points due to unevenness though in the case where it doesn't.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new