Tips on dosing

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello last week a I bought a new 135 aquarium and I was wondering how I should go by dosing I had a 20 gal so I added the bio media (more than enough) and I have a few sps and some softies and lps I wondering how I should dose thing I have a doser and storage. The chemicals I have are calcium chloride, liquid kalkwasser, liquid sodium bicarbonate, Red Sea phos and nitrate remover and a ph increaser I’m wondering what I should dose daily and the best ways to do it thanks

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The best way to dose is by knowing what you need or use during the course of a period. Just blindly dosing can wreck havoc on a reef in short order. Which test kits will be another valuable question to ask yourself as well. I would not base any recommendation for dosing if you are using the API test kits as they are not accurate enough to get you where you need.

OP
OP
Tofu Brady

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way to dose is by knowing what you need or use during the course of a period. Just blindly dosing can wreck havoc on a reef in short order. Which test kits will be another valuable question to ask yourself as well. I would not base any recommendation for dosing if you are using the API test kits as they are not accurate enough to get you where you need.
I use Hanna checker and is there any kind of way know how much corals are using like test at12:00 am then at 12:00 am the next day?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Hanna checker and is there any kind of way know how much corals are using like test at12:00 am then at 12:00 am the next day?
Thats exactly how you would know! :) Do it for a couple of days at the same time every day- and you will know what your corals consume!

Split your dosing in to smaller portions throughout the if you can using your dosing pumps (.. if you have)

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, tank is week old, you already have corals, even sps..... And u want to dose?

Wooow... That is what i called instant tank ;)

Kidding, but, really, i think there is no need to dose, that tank is not ready for life, let alone sps corals and dosing.....

OP
OP
Tofu Brady

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, tank is week old, you already have corals, even sps..... And u want to dose?

Wooow... That is what i called instant tank ;)

Kidding, but, really, i think there is no need to dose, that tank is not ready for life, let alone sps corals and dosing.....
The tank is around a year old I bought it second hand and I also added media from my 2 year nano so the biological should be fine the corals are doing good I was just wanting to plan ahead

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello last week a I bought a new 135 aquarium.....
Forgive me, but really, reading this, i was under impression that this is new tank...

My bad....

But no, if there is no consumption, there is no need for dosing, so, test and see...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back