Tips on healthy aquariums

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top three in my book; Water changes, water changes, water changes. There's a whole lot we can't test for and research shows it's not removed with gfo, skimmers or gac. Water changes are the only way to remove it.
+1 for this! Its one of the easiest ways to keep your tank healthy especially if you have big sloppy eaters like me!

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water changes are important, but I am not sure if they are #1, #2 and #3.
Stability and biodiversity and advanced planning are the most important issues for me.By biodiversity, I mean Live Rock, not bacteria in the bottle. Self education, like browsing forums here is of utmost importance. Self restraint and patience are another virtues here. Many reefers wants too many fish and corals fitted into small tank in short period of time.

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I learned was that I was wasting so much time testing every parameter, every day. If you’re doing big enough water chances frequently, and don’t have any issues with coral growth and happy fish, don’t bother testing and adjusting. Or at least, not more than once a week. Shooting for those perfect parameters isn’t always necessary if the corals have adjusted to your tank. Constantly adding chemicals just to be in that Goldilocks zone means that your parameters will constantly be swinging, and it will stunt coral growth in the more sensitive corals. If your tank is happy, then stability will be key.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back