Tips to make your build thread get noticed!

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't done one because once you see these other refers tanks and build like tearing down walls and even building a house around a huge tank I feel a little underwhelmed by trying to show my tank.

:)

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't done one because once you see these other refers tanks and build like tearing down walls and even building a house around a huge tank I feel a little underwhelmed by trying to show my tank.

:)

There are build threads all over the spectrum. Don't be ashamed to show your tank! Lots of blood, sweat and tears are poured into all of our tanks.

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And money lol. I'll get things ready. It's been a year since its up and running. I'll post it up soon.

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good tips! I update frequently but nobodies come along except for the local reefer I visited and Humblefish for disease help. Oh well haha. Hopefully people come along.

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When viewing topics on the Tapatalk app, how do I start a new thread with a picture shown on the main page before you click the build thread. I see a lot of the others have one

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of quick comment to keep in mind. Don't forget your build thread is also for you. It's a great way to track your own progress as well as sharing with others. After a few years, you'll get a kick out of going back to page one and seeing where you are today vs. where you started.

It was stated earlier, but people may certainly be watching or dropping in on your thread, and you don't realize it. Dont be discouraged and just keeping updating.

Lastly, don't be afraid to reference your own build thread as you're reviewing and commenting on other threads. You may have experience with "X" that you have discussed in your own build thread. You can share simply by saying something like...For more details, take a look at my build thread. You might be surprised to see others going to take a look.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize how old this is but I did not want to start a new post but I cannot find my build thread page I started I just posted a lot of Stand build and thought was it so where do I go 2 access the ability to add my new build. 20g to a 75g sumped. All diy so I took pictures and wanna get it updated. The picture is just to draw in more attention But will b staying in the 20

image.jpg

image.jpg

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize how old this is but I did not want to start a new post but I cannot find my build thread page I started I just posted a lot of Stand build and thought was it so where do I go 2 access the ability to add my new build. 20g to a 75g sumped. All diy so I took pictures and wanna get it updated. The picture is just to draw in more attention But will b staying in the 20

image.jpg

image.jpg

Is this it?
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/transitioning-from-30g-no-sump-to-75g-sump-fug.257629/

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Where do you start the thread? I did one on my 93 cube and have many comments from members but no acknowledgement or Badge??

I want to do one for my drop off tank but want to make sure its' going to proper location for badge and access from viewers

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mine was June 26th but not recognized as a build or lost somewhere?

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks again- Just submitted build titled: IM fusion Drop off tank build thread

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Yas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a simple question. Is the "build thread" a journal for building a tank from scratch? My tank is already built so it's not a pure build thread if I started one. It's gonna be more like a simple tank journal. But I think it's gonna be fun to share some accidents and progress with others. What you think?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi,

I have a simple question. Is the "build thread" a journal for building a tank from scratch? My tank is already built so it's not a pure build thread if I started one. It's gonna be more like a simple tank journal. But I think it's gonna be fun to share some accidents and progress with others. What you think?
Incorpirate that along with pictures to suppirt prigress and you should be on your way

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

People call them build threads, but the title is actually more appropriately titled “Member Tanks.” Tanks in any state can be shared and tracked there.

Yas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incorpirate that along with pictures to suppirt prigress and you should be on your way

People call them build threads, but the title is actually more appropriately titled “Member Tanks.” Tanks in any state can be shared and tracked there.
Thank you, guys! I'm excited to start my journal here. Hope I get some some feedback from members!

Back