Tips to make your build thread get noticed!

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That particular perk is only available for supporting members. If you're a supporting member, then you just make a post in the appropriate thread and the badge is added to your profile.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they would - I missed your Partner badge on your profile. =) Let me see if I can find the link to the thread for you.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There you go. I don't work for the site, so I reserve the right to be wrong... but post in there and you should get pointed in the right direction.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick newbie question - how can I add a build-thread contributor badge to my account?

There you go. I don't work for the site, so I reserve the right to be wrong... but post in there and you should get pointed in the right direction.

The thread @Biokabe referenced is the thread to request it, and I just responded to your request there. We are having to add them manually since the site update and we will do so for you as well.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bumping this up for everyone! Happy Wednesday!

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question. Is it worth it to start a build thread now when I wont be picking up the sump for another 2 weeks. Picking up the sump will be the start of the project (a very long project at that depending on when I find the right tank for the right price)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Question. Is it worth it to start a build thread now when I wont be picking up the sump for another 2 weeks. Picking up the sump will be the start of the project (a very long project at that depending on when I find the right tank for the right price)
Sure! Show off the stuff you've already got, and tell us about the sump you have coming in. :)

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a perect time.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the biggest advantages to maintaining a build thread is to be able to look back at it over time to see the progress of your own tank. I started my build in February 2018, and I can't count how many times people asked me a question and I was able to go back through my build to find the exact detail needed to answer the question. I also use it to see when I added a particular coral, or to see the growth of a coral. For example, check out this stag growth over the past year:

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 9.54.58 PM.png

I'm now over 61,000 views on my build. I've probably looked back on my own build over 1,000 times. It's a great way to keep a journal of your progress.

IMG_6606.jpg

For those who missed it this week, you can see a full 1 hour overview of my tank, mixing station, and Apex system on Neptune's #ControlFreakWednesday video:

Last edited:

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you have multiple build threads?

You sure can. But only one build thread banner linked to the build thread of your choosing.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Solid tips for getting your build thread noticed!

Rexless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you want to start a build thread but want to know how to keep it interesting and get people involved? Here are some tips to use to do so!

* Make your updates as detailed as possible! Describe what you're doing and possible future plans.

* Take lots of pictures! This cannot be stressed enough, the better quality pictures the better. Give descriptions of what each picture is or what you are trying to show.

* Don't like taking pics? How about videos? If you have a go pro posting a in tank video would be a fantastic way to get visits and comments!

* Do product reviews! Got a new piece of equipment for your tank? Write up a nice review with pics and even video, everyone loves a detailed review.

* Check out and post on other's build threads! That's a good way to get others to notice you and will go to yours as well.

* If you become a supporting member of Reef2Reef you can link your build thread in your signature! So where ever you post in the forum your build thread will be visible to others instantly!

Click here for more info on becoming a supporting member:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/all-new-supporting-member-perks-support-r2r.68905/

* When posting on other build threads not only just "like" comments but leave personalized messages. Everyone enjoys reading comments while receiving likes.

* Reply to all comments in your build thread! Even if it's a simple post like, "great build following along!" Like, quote it and give a simple thank you, this goes a long way in getting people to frequent your thread.

* Try to keep updates frequent! Even if you have nothing going on, update on test results or a weekly water change! And don't forget to snap a picture of the tank post water change!

* Ask questions and for feedback on what you are doing, keep conversations civil and personable!

* Don't get upset if nobody comments! There are a lot of threads on the site and believe it or not people are watching your thread! Just keep the updates coming and the rest will fall into place!

And most importantly, have fun with the thread! After all it is your build thread. Your build should be fun for you to do and keeping the thread up should be as well. Not only are you sharing your build for others to see, but it's also a great journal to make and look back on in the future to refer to or just look thru what you have done!

Happy reefing
Team R2R
Thank you for this helpful guide!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back