Tissue loss on montipora setosa

stinkyfishy710

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2020
Messages
47
Reaction score
8
Location
hornell
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My montipora has turned white on a few spots around the edges. Have had it for a while and it was doing fine. This is the only sps I have. I’m thinking maybe to much light but not sure.

EDE8B4B9-625C-4E63-88DE-B79E981269C2.jpeg 34DAAD1F-171B-456A-B496-92CF3E2B958B.jpeg 98B7DAC9-614C-42F9-BFAE-5777DC250BA2.jpeg E0D5F2E2-44C8-4DAF-8167-EB2448D6FEFD.jpeg 3C7517D8-1C3C-46F8-88CB-F3597609971A.jpeg F821E2BD-4226-40D5-B554-17D6B8EA4A21.jpeg DC6EDAF2-543D-4F6F-8FEC-10979056B5EB.jpeg F17CD337-A8BD-43D5-A2C8-E69744CB205D.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0174.MOV
    4.5 MB
Some causes:
High alk
Too much light and/or water flow
Monti eating nudibranch
High nitrates
Low calcium
Low salinity
 
I use Red Sea coral pro salt and do weekly water changes, this is my only sps and all my other corals are small frags so my calcium and alk are pretty stable the salinity runs around 1.026. I haven’t added anything in a while so I don’t suspect nudibranchs.Could really low phosphate and nitrate cause it when I test for phosphate I get no reading (salifert test kit) same for nitrate but I test nitrate with api so it’s probably not very accurate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new