Titan Trigger

Finzin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Does anyone know the growth rate of a Titan Trigger in captivity and or the wild? Assuming optimal conditions. From personal experience owning the fish or otherwise.
Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not a fish I would consider. While attractive will grow quickly, turn your tank and rocks upside down in search of food, splash and also not be cheap to feed as they have a large appetite

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very slow, I knew a guy with one for over 10 years that was under 10". I've seen them over years with very little growth once they hit about 7". Some may think they grow fast but literally hit a brick wall at about 7".What you see in the ocean is likely decades old and like an Olympic athlete in comparison to one kept in captivity, swimming for miles and miles in the ocean. Their aggression if gotten small, say 4" or smaller is highly exaggerated, most have reported.

OP
OP
F

Finzin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very slow, I knew a guy with one for over 10 years that was under 10". I've seen them over years with very little growth once they hit about 7". Some may think they grow fast but literally hit a brick wall at about 7".What you see in the ocean is likely decades old and like an Olympic athlete in comparison to one kept in captivity, swimming for miles and miles in the ocean. Their aggression if gotten small, say 4" or smaller is highly exaggerated, most have reported.
Thanks for the responses. Lion Kings observations match the one thread I had found on another site. There really has been no other information I could find. I was just interested in the biology of the fish not wanting to own one.

Back