Titan Trigger

  • Thread starter Thread starter Finzin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Finzin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2019
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Does anyone know the growth rate of a Titan Trigger in captivity and or the wild? Assuming optimal conditions. From personal experience owning the fish or otherwise.
Thanks
 
Not a fish I would consider. While attractive will grow quickly, turn your tank and rocks upside down in search of food, splash and also not be cheap to feed as they have a large appetite
 
Very slow, I knew a guy with one for over 10 years that was under 10". I've seen them over years with very little growth once they hit about 7". Some may think they grow fast but literally hit a brick wall at about 7".What you see in the ocean is likely decades old and like an Olympic athlete in comparison to one kept in captivity, swimming for miles and miles in the ocean. Their aggression if gotten small, say 4" or smaller is highly exaggerated, most have reported.
 
Very slow, I knew a guy with one for over 10 years that was under 10". I've seen them over years with very little growth once they hit about 7". Some may think they grow fast but literally hit a brick wall at about 7".What you see in the ocean is likely decades old and like an Olympic athlete in comparison to one kept in captivity, swimming for miles and miles in the ocean. Their aggression if gotten small, say 4" or smaller is highly exaggerated, most have reported.
Thanks for the responses. Lion Kings observations match the one thread I had found on another site. There really has been no other information I could find. I was just interested in the biology of the fish not wanting to own one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new