OP
OP
Titus

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peach and Spock relaxing together after a feeding.

20121229173008.jpg

OP
OP
Titus

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Flame Angel is on it's second round of Prazi and should be ready to be moved to the display tank Saturday. She is finally starting to come out of her shell a little... at least enough for me to snap a picture from 5 feet away.

201301011010281.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice fish, glad to hear the flame is doing well.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice fish!

OP
OP
Titus

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice fish, glad to hear the flame is doing well.
Flames are so nice...nice tanks
Nice fish!
Thanks!

The Flame angel has been acclimated to the DT this morning and my daughter has named her Christie. The Butterfly has walked her down to the end of the tank a few times, but hasn't nipped her. The bristletooth Tang on the other hand is not to happy at all. About every 10 minutes, she makes the 7' trip down the tank from "her spot" down to where the butterfly placed the Flame, waves her tail at her, and then takers a few pecks at her. No damage so far from it, but I am watching closely. I am really hoping they are just showing her the pecking order and are not out for blood. It may be a long day of tank watching today.

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish. I hope they work out their differences.

OP
OP
Titus

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24 hours in, I think I can call it a success. The Flame angel has learned several nooks in the rocks that she can not be followed in to, giving her enough confidence to frequently explore the whole tank. The tang still chases her if she gets too close, but she just shoots into the nearest rock and the Tang almost immediately looses interest.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24 hours in, I think I can call it a success. The Flame angel has learned several nooks in the rocks that she can not be followed in to, giving her enough confidence to frequently explore the whole tank. The tang still chases her if she gets too close, but she just shoots into the nearest rock and the Tang almost immediately looses interest.
very cool to know. Flames are awesome angels. :)

OP
OP
Titus

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christie at home in the DT.
20130107212619.jpg

A happy growing family.
20130107211944.jpg

Spock poses for the camera.
20130107212500.jpg

OP
OP
Titus

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I added a blood shrimp to the 110. I happened to be looking at the tank trying to find him this morning when the lights came on. Unfortunately, the Butterfly spotted him about the same time I did, and assumed I had gotten him a gourmet treat. The butterfly gave it a few hard pecks before I could get my hand in the tank to scare him off. The shrimp managed to scurry deep inside one of the pukani rocks. I can just barely see a speck of red and part of a white feeler deep inside the rock. The butterfly sees him too, and has spent most of the day circling the rock. I think he has been watching too many Jaws movies. :cry:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I added a blood shrimp to the 110. I happened to be looking at the tank trying to find him this morning when the lights came on. Unfortunately, the Butterfly spotted him about the same time I did, and assumed I had gotten him a gourmet treat. The butterfly gave it a few hard pecks before I could get my hand in the tank to scare him off. The shrimp managed to scurry deep inside one of the pukani rocks. I can just barely see a speck of red and part of a white feeler deep inside the rock. The butterfly sees him too, and has spent most of the day circling the rock. I think he has been watching too many Jaws movies. :cry:
yikes! hope they come to an agreement.

OP
OP
Titus

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankfully Spock the Butterfly fish has lost interest in Mike the Blood Shrimp. Mike has learned to navigate the interior of his Pukani Castle, and has found a crevice that gets a nice current of mysis past it's opening during feeding time. As soon has he smells food, he moves to the opening and waits, pouncing on the first bit of food to flow by him.

20130116122856.jpg

OP
OP
Titus

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I picked up a small GBTA from a local reefer and acclimated him to the clown tank last night. He spent about 12 hours roaming the tank, and he seems to have stopped in the worst possible spot. I even said to myself last night, "I will be happy as long as he doesn't choose the back of that rock". :sad:

201301161418031.jpg

Last edited:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I picked up a small GBTA from a local reefer and acclimated him to the clown tank last night. He spent about 12 hours roaming the tank, and he seems to have stopped in the worst possible spot. I even said to myself last night, "I will be happy as long as he doesn't choose the back of that rock". :sad:

201301161418031.jpg
congrats.. 1smile1

OP
OP
Titus

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it took almost 2 weeks, but the GBTA seems to have stopped moving around. Not the best spot, but at-least visible. I think he looks happy but what do I know!
20130131165721.jpg

The male clown has been spending several hours each day in and around the anemone for the last 3 or 4 days, but I have yet to spot the female venturing in.
20130131171936.jpg

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad the nem found a spot she likes. it's only a matter of time til the female discovers their home. :smile:

OP
OP
Titus

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple updates for the 110... Last spring, I pre-ordered an RLSS Waveline DC4000 and an RLSS Waveline DC6000 from Salty Supply. The purpose was to replace the Mag12 on my return with the 6000 and the Mag 9.5 on my closed loop with the 4000. The arrived at the end of July and I quickly got the 6000 in. I procrastinated on installing the 4000 for about 6 weeks, as it meant a lot of PVC work that I hate. Last Friday I got it installed. The short story is, I love them and have no regrets. For the detailed review, look HERE.

v5cw.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back