OP
OP
ekoed

ekoed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corners of the top can be removed to run wires. They are already "perforated" just bend it and it will come off. Nice set up!
dang! lol I wish you would've found me a few days ago. I cut a little notch in it. But that's a good tip for future reference. Thank you!!!

OP
OP
ekoed

ekoed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note, I just ordered my 5280 pods, oceanmagik, and 3 bio cubes from @AlgaeBarn. I'm so looking forward to a couple ruby red dragonetes. I hope this starts it out right for them.

OP
OP
ekoed

ekoed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been cycling since feb 18th. Started with dr Tim’s one and only, and straight ammonia. My ammonia’s just about zero but my nitrites are a little high. In the 2.0 range on the API test. Nitrates are really high. Pretty dang red so it’s hard to tell what exact number they are.

Today I added some cheato in my mini refugium and I introduced my copepods from @AlgaeBarn. Also some phyto for them to munch on. Even though they are tiny lil critters I have to say it is fun to see some life in my tank!

OP
OP
ekoed

ekoed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know the tanks supposed to be going through the ugly phase but this has only had fish in it for like a week and I’ve got a boat load of little green hair algae all over the rock. Is this normal for a new tank? I’ve running a mini Fuge in the back, a sock, and a skimmer that creates a crap load of micro bubbles.

B801A6C5-DEE8-4342-BA87-A4A2A6FE6129.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back