TL’s big boy peninsula 385 gal Sps build!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And the little guy just came out! Yay! All good in the hood! New bffs lol… this kinda scared me but all is well!
IMG_2476.jpeg
IMG_2477.jpeg
I'm still very much enjoying my duo. They are such a team.

Hoping they work out for you as well!!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still very much enjoying my duo. They are such a team.

Hoping they work out for you as well!!
They’re doing great! Even the large blue star leopard plays well! All 3 of them like to follow my diamond goby around and eat what ever he stirs up! It’s funny to watch! lol

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They’re doing great! Even the large blue star leopard plays well! All 3 of them like to follow my diamond goby around and eat what ever he stirs up! It’s funny to watch! lol
I find the leu and chrysus to be very docile. I only have about a year with the 2, I think?

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find the leu and chrysus to be very docile. I only have about a year with the 2, I think?
Mine cruise together! Almost makes me want to get a bunch and have a big yellow school lol.. not sure how it would work out once they’re mature..

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine cruise together! Almost makes me want to get a bunch and have a big yellow school lol.. not sure how it would work out once they’re mature..
That would be something spectacular. My tanks too small to even try that. There would be a fight over pods.
These guys non stop hunt. It's peaceful to watch their elegance.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snowy Monday! Coral feeding time! They love this gut loaded bacteria!
IMG_2775.jpeg
IMG_2776.jpeg
IMG_2777.jpeg
IMG_2778.jpeg
IMG_2779.jpeg
IMG_2780.jpeg
I need to know more. Seems there's a few of you all that are snowing your tanks. Wonder how that would work with the shine.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to know more. Seems there's a few of you all that are snowing your tanks. Wonder how that would work with the shine.
It shouldn’t matter with shine or not.. it’s making a bacteria culture and then feeding the corals the bacteria.. I use calcium carbonate and add zeo bak and mb7 alongside some coral amino and reef roids… I let that sit for 30min or so and then turn my return and skimmer off and broadcast feed my tank with just the circulation on for a hour or 2 then turn the return and skimmer back on. Gut loaded bacteria is more a nutrition thang then an element deal. My corals respond well to it! The corals reef tank just made a long video on YouTube with his concoction..

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn’t matter with shine or not.. it’s making a bacteria culture and then feeding the corals the bacteria.. I use calcium carbonate and add zeo bak and mb7 alongside some coral amino and reef roids… I let that sit for 30min or so and then turn my return and skimmer off and broadcast feed my tank with just the circulation on for a hour or 2 then turn the return and skimmer back on. Gut loaded bacteria is more a nutrition thang then an element deal. My corals respond well to it! The corals reef tank just made a long video on YouTube with his concoction..
Thanks!

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've snowed since the old tank was on shine with no issues

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won a contest from @Battlecorals last week I need to get some pics of these that do them justice! Such killer and healthy pieces from Adam as always! Can’t get enough of the pearly cadaver as it glows and has a real pearlesence under full spectrum halide lighting.its by far my favorite coral in my tank..
IMG_2870.jpeg
IMG_2871.jpeg
IMG_2879.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back