TLF phosban reactor question??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gwitness
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gwitness

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
969
Reaction score
75
Location
birmingham
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought the phosban 550 reactor and I am running seachem phosguard inside of the reactor.....My question is, do I need to have a strong enough pump where the phosguard is moving all around inside of the container or should the phosguard balls be sitting still inside the reactor?? Right now I have a maxi jet 400 as the pump and the phosguard does not move around inside the container....
 
They should move around. More or less "floating" around at the bottom of the reactor chamber. I found it's best to use an overpowered pump with a ball valve and a "t" fitting so you can divert some of the flow away from the reactor. This helps tune it to the right amount of flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new