TM Pro reef with all-for-reef

Finnjävel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.

I'm currently using TM Pro reef salt and raising its alkalinity with all-for-reef. Not costly wise but I have small amount of corals in ~55g tank. Do you see any problems with those two. I'm thinking to switch back to normal salt because of this low-alk pro reef. I'm not using any other additives like kalkwasser.. Feels like I have slightly too low pH all the time

Ca <400
Mg <1400
Alk 9+
pH <8.0

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.

I'm currently using TM Pro reef salt and raising its alkalinity with all-for-reef. Not costly wise but I have small amount of corals in ~55g tank. Do you see any problems with those two. I'm thinking to switch back to normal salt because of this low-alk pro reef. I'm not using any other additives like kalkwasser.. Feels like I have slightly too low pH all the time

Ca <400
Mg <1400
Alk 9+
pH <8.0
Your alk is fine. I would dose some calcium to get it to 450ish and then use the AFR to maintain those levels. AFR is not really meant to raise any of these numbers but to just create a status quo. AFR takes some time to show on the tests so you could really overdose. Unless you have nutrient problems I have found that water changes are not really necessary anymore because it has trace minerals in the AFR. I set my doser to keep calcium at 450 and the alk stays in line because of how it is mixed.

OP
OP
Finnjävel

Finnjävel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your alk is fine. I would dose some calcium to get it to 450ish and then use the AFR to maintain those levels. AFR is not really meant to raise any of these numbers but to just create a status quo. AFR takes some time to show on the tests so you could really overdose. Unless you have nutrient problems I have found that water changes are not really necessary anymore because it has trace minerals in the AFR. I set my doser to keep calcium at 450 and the alk stays in line because of how it is mixed.

Thanks for reply.
I have now dosed very conservatively about 3 months. There is absolutely no nutrient problem. Or actually I have some but its opposite. Slightly too low nutrients for softies and LPS. 0,01-0,03 PO4 and 2-4 NO3. Minimal tech with skimmer only. I have 6 quite young/small fishes and feeding 2-3 times per day. Few times ago I also started to run skimmer part time only. Trying to raise nutrients because of scary dino problem 2 months ago.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back