TMC Aquabeam 1000HD DIY upgrade.

nick0206

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all.
Maybe someone will come in handy.
8-9 years ago, when even LED lamps were not so widespread and investigated, I bought myself one of the first professional TMC Aquabeam 1000HD lamp.
A lot of time passed and LED lamps began to dominate the market. Experience in their use in reef tanks has also given a leap in correcting the color scheme of the LEDs themselves and their combinations.
I decided to upgrade my gear. There were 10 3-watt LED chips from Cree, 5 blue and 5 white. Having studied the combination of LEDs used by leading manufacturers of LED lamps (Radion, Hydra, etc.) I ordered on the Internet
- 1- UV
- 4 - Royal Blue
- 2 - Blue
- 2 - Cool White
- 1 - Hyper red.
Opening the lamp, I found that replacing the chips themselves is unrealistic, because new chips are sold with their heat-insulating substrate, and in the lamp they are soldered to the circuit board.
The circuit board itself is attached to the heat sink by dissipating heat from the LEDs.
The solution was simple. I just threw out the board with the soldered old LEDs and heat-insulating glue, glued the chip boards onto the radiator and connected them with wires (soldered).
Now the outdated TMC lamp has become modern and uses the same chips as the best manufacturers.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 79 47.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back