TM's New Salt?

Bear22

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Messages
586
Reaction score
445
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

Anybody have any insider info., on this new concept of salt that TM/Fauna Marin is bringing to the market?
 
 
Hey Guys,

Anybody have any insider info., on this new concept of salt that TM/Fauna Marin is bringing to the market?
Saw this on Reef Builders earlier. I think @Lasse uses a different version, with something deliberately left out of the mix (can't remember what). Not sure 99.9% of folk will find it useful. Hope they haven't made too much of it.
 
Saw this on Reef Builders earlier. I think @Lasse uses a different version, with something deliberately left out of the mix (can't remember what). Not sure 99.9% of folk will find it useful. Hope they haven't made too much of it.
I saw the video on this salt a couple of days ago that FF posted, but they didn't get into the weeds with detail.

So, was wondering if anybody knows more than what was in the vid which was brief with specifics.

What catches my eye via the TM website is the reference to "controlling dinos via limited trace elements" which gets talked about as a catalyst for dino outbreaks in some forums.
 
I think @Lasse uses a different version, with something deliberately left out of the mix (can't remember what).
Yes I use OCEAMO corrector - a liquid salt that don´t have any alkalinity, calcium or potassium in the mix. its ten time concentrated and when you dilute it to normal saltwater - you add the missing elements.

Sincerely Lasse
 
Yes I use OCEAMO corrector - a liquid salt that don´t have any alkalinity, calcium or potassium in the mix. its ten time concentrated and when you dilute it to normal saltwater - you add the missing elements.

Sincerely Lasse
No alkalinity?

I had to look up AI about elements in sea level water (to calibrate my brain-thank you)

Composition of Seawater Salts
  • Average ocean salinity is about 35 parts per thousand (ppt), meaning one liter of seawater contains roughly 35 grams of dissolved salts.
  • When seawater dries completely, the remaining solid salts break down into these typical proportions:
    • Sodium chloride (
      NaCl
      ): ~77.8%
    • Magnesium chloride (
      MgCl2
      ): ~10.9%
    • Magnesium sulfate (
      MgSO4
      ): ~4.7%
    • Calcium sulfate (
      CaSO4
      ): ~3.6%
    • Potassium chloride (
      KCl
      ): ~2.5%

——How long have you been using this liquid salt mix, and how much volume do you use, and how much time does it take to adjust it to your parameters?

Sorry for the long question-



1790542688576.png

1790542688593.png

1790542688589.png

1790542688581.png

1790542688585.png
 
It does not have either alkalinity, calcium or potassium in the concentrated solution. Because it lack alkalinity and calcium - the solution can be done 10 time more concentrated. The lack of potassium is because potassium can be fatal if it get overdosed. When you mix the salt you dilute 1 L of the base to 10 L with RODI water. An after that you add alkalinity, calcium and potassium as you like it. Its special adds on that you buy together with the salt.

I adjust the parameters when I do my saltwater from the concentrated base solution. One of the good things with this salt is that it is checked with ICP-MS and that it is a liquid - it means that there is no risk for uneven distribution of trace elements.

Sincerely Lasse
 
Terns out this salt is on the no- fly list for entry into the USA🥵

Still an interesting option and a thing to consider…
 
Ok, thanks. It seems to be a mix with a fairly small cohort of likely customers, IMO.
 
Might be of interest to use if a trust worthy ICP came back with elevated trace elements. A couple above normal or higher than maybe? Could do a water change without adding them? If that is how it works - dilution is the solution...
 
Might be of interest to use if a trust worthy ICP came back with elevated trace elements. A couple above normal or higher than maybe? Could do a water change without adding them? If that is how it works - dilution is the solution...

True, but since to become toxic, most trace elements that are intentionally added to a salt typically need to be quite a lot higher to be worthy of special efforts to lower them, one can likely get almost the same drop with an ordinary mix.

In any case, it’s a fine idea, although it seems complicated to implement since one will deplete them all, and need to add back just the ones that got too low.
 
This salt adress the main problem with adding trace elements to a dry salt - mixing microscopic amounts of various substances with large quantities of other substances and getting it evenly blended. Let's hope an ICP-MS report accompanies every batch.

Its also adress problems with overdosing or inadvertent contamination with unwanted substances, I think it is excellent new tool in some cases - also if you want to start a new aquarium.

Sincerely Lasse
 
What catches my eye via the TM website is the reference to "controlling dinos via limited trace elements" which gets talked about as a catalyst for dino outbreaks in some forums.
That is very poorly supported argument from TM/FM.

A salt with no traces. I have hard to seen any purpose of that. In a detox situation you do not want to reduce all elements just because reduce one.
 
Last edited:
That is very poorly supported argument from TM/FM.

A salt with no traces. I have hard to seen any purpose of that. In a detox situation you do not want to reduce all elements just because reduce one.
Well,

You must have missed the part about the need for ICP testing the aquarium FIRST in order to add back in the traces as part of the mixing/preparation process. That's the design principle behind this new salt. That, and having a product that's devoid of anti-caking agents which is something of interest as well.
 
Well,

You must have missed the part about the need for ICP testing the aquarium FIRST in order to add back in the traces as part of the mixing/preparation process. That's the design principle behind this new salt. That, and having a product that's devoid of anti-caking agents which is something of interest as well.
I didn't miss that but anticipate that it could be not easy and hazardous with slightest issue with either icp test or dosing.
Well I just dont believe it. I think in that special cases that service should be provided by the company. So more like"Hi. I wants to order a salt which is NSW minus trace X. " and then let the manufacturer fix that salt. Now too much rely on you. And awkward for you 5o do all these additions. I just dont believe in that idea.
 
I didn't miss that but anticipate that it could be not easy and hazardous with slightest issue with either icp test or dosing.
Well I just dont believe it. I think in that special cases that service should be provided by the company. So more like"Hi. I wants to order a salt which is NSW minus trace X. " and then let the manufacturer fix that salt. Now too much rely on you. And awkward for you 5o do all these additions. I just dont believe in that idea.
LOL

All of these salts have a WIDE variance in mixture (macro & trace). I would embrace the prospect of customizing the mixture according to the tank needs and aquarist input.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new