To Add another Clownfish, or To Not?

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

So, I've been contemplating on whether or not to add another clown into the tank. I am eyeing a Black Occelaris. I have a 65 G tank at home. I have 2 spotcinctus that are still relatively young, a watchman goby, and a royal gamma. So far, the only fish that I'm really concerned about is my RG, it can be quite the meanie. I've read that Spotcintus can be quite mean themselves, but haven't observed this (yet), just wondering what everyone thinks? Add a 3rd clown to the mix or too much? I have observed that one of the Spots has assumed the female role as she has made a bed in one of the corners at night, while the other floats up at the top.

Whatcha think?

Rob

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say probably best to not add a third. I had three occ in my tank and one would chase the other 24/7. You may get away with it for a little bit but if the original 2 are paired than the third will be beat up pretty bad.

OP
OP
RobertTheNurse

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say probably best to not add a third. I had three occ in my tank and one would chase the other 24/7. You may get away with it for a little bit but if the original 2 are paired than the third will be beat up pretty bad.

Hey thanks for replying. I was afraid of that. Makes sense.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 61 33.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back