To copepod or not copepod

  • Thread starter Thread starter 19Mateo83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2023
Messages
1,848
Reaction score
2,370
Location
Charlotte
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was at a local beach recently and came across very porous shells. If properly sanitized and cycled, would these act as copepod habitats if added to a tank? Or sump
IMG_3800.jpeg
IMG_3799.jpeg
 
Virtually any surface area is usable to benthic copepods - even the surface area in the top couple layers of your sand bed, so sure. I think it's usually the next size up - amphipods or munnid isopods that would appreciate the larger holes, but while it's something, I'm not sure if it will make a noticeable difference in population.
 
I imagine they would be just as good if not better than any 3d printed pod hotel. They look better as well. I'd throw them in the sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new