OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put mine straight in my tank and started the cycle. That stuff is ready to roll as soon as you are.

Thanks for the response!

I checked out your Red Sea Reefer 170 Build Thread and really like the black sand and purple rock. I was thinking of going with that rock, but decided it may be too purple against the white sand, but under water it looks good on yours. The Carib Sea Rock looks to be lighter purple and different shades and it is a bit cheaper as well and I am going for at least 150 lbs of rock. Who knows though, I may rethink it.

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response!

I checked out your Red Sea Reefer 170 Build Thread and really like the black sand and purple rock. I was thinking of going with that rock, but decided it may be too purple against the white sand, but under water it looks good on yours. The Carib Sea Rock looks to be lighter purple and different shades and it is a bit cheaper as well and I am going for at least 150 lbs of rock. Who knows though, I may rethink it.
Glad I could help you out on how it will look. I some of my CUC this weekend and they have been working hard on the algae. I used the Red Sea Mature tank kit to cycle this new tank and I love that kit. Makes it east to cycle and in 21 days you have a heathy new tank ready to roll.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back