To extend Copper QT OR Not

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I have some fish in quarantine and after watching for a week I started slowly raising cupramine to theopathic levels. Fast forward 14 days and I notice last night my concentration dropped to close to under .35 from around .5. Its pretty hard to read the test kit. I mistakenly mixed my WC at .25 instead of .5 . I did roughly a 25-30% wc during this which I was suppose to pull them tomorrow night but I am debating extending it 7 days to be on the safe side. They were at this level for about 2 days.
I have not noticed any signs of ich at any point of QT was trying to minimize amount of copper they are exposed to. I cant setup a sterile tank because I already have 2 qts and a 90 gallon in an under 1000 sqft house. Fish went in qt on the 2nd and currently all fish are eating and not displaying any sign.

Please don't tell me how you shouldn't use copper I qt everything wet and after a wipe out years ago I do my best to keep ich and other things out of my DT. Also I am leaving on vacation for 2 days Friday and was trying to make sure the person who checks on them only has to feed one tank.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back