To return pumps into one pipe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dstienmann
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dstienmann

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2015
Messages
147
Reaction score
61
Location
St Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone done 2 return pumps into a One? I've currently been running one red dragon 230 with a 1.5" output from a basement sump. Looking to replace as the controller seems to die every 2 years. I was thinking I could buy a lot of L2's for that price they have 1 1/4 output I'd like to run two into a 1 1/2 return. Not sure about the fluid dynamics does this sound feasible probably about 14ft of head
 
Only the opposite. There are a few challenges, so it's not recommended. Why not get a Sicce SDC 9.0? 5-year warranty and they're rock solid.
Im looking for something that takes 1.5" output as that's whats plumbed up through the house, not sure if i went to 1 1/4" it would have enough umph to push it all the way up through a 1.5" pipe
 
Im looking for something that takes 1.5" output as that's whats plumbed up through the house, not sure if i went to 1 1/4" it would have enough umph to push it all the way up through a 1.5" pipe
Abyzz makes a really nice pump... :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
I run a separate pipe for my other pump, for numerous reasons although you can do what your looking to do.
 
No problem, so long as you have one way valves after each pump to avoid total flow loss if one pump goes out. Whether or not 1.5 inches is adequate depends on the pump specs and your goals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new