Toad stool sick?

Funwithreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2019
Messages
189
Reaction score
115
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this toadstool few months ago. It’s been growing well and open all the time. The last week or so I’ve noticed this crusty stuff around the base and it seems to be moving up the stalk. I tried to see if I could blow it off and even used a soft bristle toothbrush in it and it doesn’t come off. He’s also been closed up since my last water change less than a week ago. No issues with parameters. Everything is stable and all other corals are doing well. Thoughts on what is going on with it??

95419E98-6965-45B4-AF7A-CA024E20C754.jpeg 64DBF48C-AD42-49C7-BF6A-55B58165DF1F.jpeg
 
hi,is most likely going through molt,is skin shiny,may grow algae before shedding:)
 
hi,is most likely going through molt,is skin shiny,may grow algae before shedding:)
The top of it is a little shiny. I thought maybe it was shedding its skin. I have another toadstool that does the same thing. I was more concerned because if feels hard and crusty.
 
sounds like molt,best not to touch, or move rt now:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new