Toadstool base dying?

BriansBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this toadstool for a few years and it used to extent its polyps super long but hasn’t for probably 6 months. I put a large anemone (since removed) and made a home around the base of the toadstool and obviously irritated it. I thought maybe it would heal itself since being a hardy coral.

The base looks like it’s dying off and has been like this for a few months and looks like it’s moving up. I’m sure the torch next to it isn’t helping but it’s only been there a week.

Do you think I should I cut it above the brown and reposition it? I don’t have a ton of experience with softies really. Thanks!

IMG_1560.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me, looks like its getting stung. If something doesn't move, then it will get worse or die.

If you can't move anything, then cut it at the stem where its healthy and put it somewhere else, somewhere steady as best you can. It will latch onto the rocks around it, even from the side, so don't worry about trying to glue it, its too hard to glue soft corals.

And remember to run activated carbon if you cut it in the tank, it will release toxins.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back