Toadstool dying/dead

seth16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a few days since adding the toadstool which was initially doing fine until it kept getting knocked over. It's now covered in brown scabs and edges are looking paler, will he survive?
ecd944dc95093e42334d832ee2a09bf9.jpg

USCG CWO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it is going to make a come back. I could be wrong. Before adding anything else, I'd address whatever is causing the hair algae issue you have.

OP
OP
seth16

seth16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it is going to make a come back. I could be wrong. Before adding anything else, I'd address whatever is causing the hair algae issue you have.
My parameters are in range I just can't find anything that will touch the stuff so I have to get a brush and try and scrub some off but can never get into the small pores and cracks and I don't want to remove the rocks to kill it off. I currently have another leather and other coral that are doing great its just this one that seemed to act up after it was knocked over.

USCG CWO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotcha. Hair algae is a total pain in the backside. I have battled it myself. You are leaching from somewhere. I would definitely try and track down from where. That will help in your battle. As to your original question, unfortunately I don't think your coral is going to make it.

Best of luck to you

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 46 59.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back