Toadstool Leather Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arruna
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Arruna

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2020
Messages
113
Reaction score
77
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all looking for some advice

I want to get a toadstool leather for my 150 gal mix reef tank.

I hear that it can release a toxin, can that kill fish or only other coral?

And 2nd if I put it next to a large GSP colony would it release the toxin and kill my tank or only kill off the GSP its near?
 
It won't kill your corals. Leathers when attacked or irritated can release a substance that can slow the growth of other corals but unless it is constantly harrased and there is no carbon to remnove the substance, it will be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new