Toadstool stretching

Mark Bradley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Toadstool which was from a host that was placed high in the LFS display tank. I acclimatised it in a bottom corner with some other toadstools and then placed it literally dead centre of my Tank/rock structure. Within a few days it was stretching out to the side, had no polyps out and was looking less than happy. Any thoughts as to why it might have stretched? Was it seeking less/more light? It was a couple of inches from an Elegance coral - would it have been moving away from that? It’s host was kept under the same lighting and was actually under higher par. Just curious in this behaviour.
I’ve moved it back to the other Toadstools and it is back displaying, so I seem to have moved it at the right time, which I’m pleased about as it is a lovely green colour.

OP
OP
Mark Bradley

Mark Bradley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two heads about 6 months ago and they’ve turned into 8 - bottom left corner of my tank - I then bought this different colour one thinking I’d spread them around. Hasn’t worked - sometimes there seems no logic.

New&no clue - what’s the coral you have growing in the middle of you Xenia please?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back